Home

Would MVP Baseball be a threat to The Show?

This is a discussion on Would MVP Baseball be a threat to The Show? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
Rookie

doug35's Arena

OVR: 3
Would MVP Baseball be a threat to The Show?

As we have heard rumors, upon rumors, upon rumors, that MVP Baseball is coming back for a 2013 release. Now, I'm not saying it will but, with 2K's contract up, and if EA could reach a deal with the MLB, it would probably cost 2k LOTS of money and be in the hole on a MLB 2K13 game. Everybody loved MVP Baseball, saying 2005 was the best baseball game ever made. So, say MVP Baseball 2013 comes out for Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii. Would MVP be a viable threat to the Show? Just imagine MVP with better graphics and the gameplay we love going up against the most realistic MLB game on the market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Would MVP Baseball be a threat to The Show?

It would be a seller on the xbox ....the show would be doing well and popular still
Old 06-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #3
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug35
As we have heard rumors, upon rumors, upon rumors, that MVP Baseball is coming back for a 2013 release. Now, I'm not saying it will but, with 2K's contract up, and if EA could reach a deal with the MLB, it would probably cost 2k LOTS of money and be in the hole on a MLB 2K13 game. Everybody loved MVP Baseball, saying 2005 was the best baseball game ever made. So, say MVP Baseball 2013 comes out for Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii. Would MVP be a viable threat to the Show? Just imagine MVP with better graphics and the gameplay we love going up against the most realistic MLB game on the market.
Ahhh MVP baseball. I miss it. That being said we would have to wait and see if it was actually good. A lot can happen in 8 years. Maybe MVP 05 was just so good compared to what was out then? I don't remember. I just remember loving that game.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug35
I'll be surprised if this thread doesn't get locked (if not for the topic itself, then the discusson after it), but IMO: Not for at least a few years. It would sell, if for no other reason than it would be the only game on 360 (and I guess Wii too, if we use your example). But I don't think its quality would match the Show's in its first year.

Quote:
Everybody loved MVP Baseball
Reach. I liked MVP, but I never loved it. For me, it always had that stigma of the hitting system being "hold up (and in) to homer". I never felt that was realistic at all, and it's a hurdle I could just never get completely over with that series.

Last edited by bcruise; 06-29-2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Thread-locked comment was made prior to the move - the discussion should be safe here.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #5
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Moved to appropriate forum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 02:04 AM   #6
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
"hold up (and in) to homer". I never felt that was realistic at all, and it's a hurdle I could just never get completely over with that series.
Haha so true, with Ichiro I would bat around .500 holding down and away every pitch
Old 06-29-2012, 02:33 AM   #7
Rookie

doug35's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
For me, it always had that stigma of the hitting system being "hold up (and in) to homer". I never felt that was realistic at all, and it's a hurdle I could just never get completely over with that series.
In Fenway, if you got it to the triangle auto ITP homer.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe... but the market for baseball games is comparatively so small that I doubt EA would jump in, especially with next gen consoles coming in the next couple of years.

It sucked, but man, if 2k could have recreated MLB 2k with HALF of how much effort they put into NBA 2k, the Show would have a very strong competitor already.

Let's see though. It makes sense to sell a license for a lower cost than to not sell a license at all. But at this stage, it looks like PC and 360 will be w/out mlb games for a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »