Home

Can Melo Get His Ring Next?

This is a discussion on Can Melo Get His Ring Next? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Can Melo Get His Ring Next?

We all know that out of the top 5 players in the draft that possessed Lebron, Wade, Melo, and Bosh. Melo is the only one without a ring.

It's kind of easy because 2 of them team up with Wade in order to get the ring, so that left Melo alone rather quickly

Anyway it is what it is.

Do you think Melo can get his ring with the NY Knicks?

My only question with Melo is his ability to make his team better. Lebron definitely makes his team better, and it has to do a ton with his court vision. Lebron passes the ball very well.

Melo only needs to learn how to pass the ball, and he can also make his teammates better. Not that he is selfish. I just feel he needs to better understand when to pass the ball. Lebron will look to pass right away. He evaluates how the defense is trying to double team him and he makes you pay for it by finding the open man. Where Melo really only looks to pass when the defense collapses on him, and he is in the middle of his shot.

I saw some signs late in the season where Melo was doing a better job as a passer. I feel if he continues to improve in this area. He can then be that player that can make his teammates better, and He can get his ring within the next 2 years.

Do you agree or disagree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Can Melo Get His Ring Next?

Personally, no, I don't think he will. He seems like he'll be the AI of his generation, and rightfully so. He seems to be just as selfish with the ball as AI was. Melo needs to wake up and be a better teammate before he is in the land of the lost.

And also, the Knicks need a point guard, a sixth man, and probably a SG as well, although I like Shump. Not all of it rests on Melo.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Long story short no.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
Long story short no.
Every time I see your sig where the guy says Oscar Robinson is a current day Andre Miller I cant help but laugh at kingkongbundy for not having a clue about basketball...

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 06-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

No, if any of the stars in the NBA are next it's out of KD, Rose, or CP3 imo.

Melo won't win a ring until he becomes one of those older guys just trying to get a ring somewhere before he retires.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Every time I see your sig where the guy says Oscar Robinson is a current day Andre Miller I cant help but laugh at kingkongbundy for not having a clue about basketball...
Every time I have a bad day (stress at work etc.) I log on OS and look at my sig and smile.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
No, if any of the stars in the NBA are next it's out of KD, Rose, or CP3 imo.

Melo won't win a ring until he becomes one of those older guys just trying to get a ring somewhere before he retires.
This is what I was thinking. Why limit this question to his draft when everybody else of note in it already has theirs. He's the only one out of the top five picks to not have a ring right now so there's really no one to compare against from that draft unless we really care if he's going to be the next to get his ring or Kirk Hinrich or Chris Kaman or Luke Ridnour or David West. Melo is above those guys, so the better question is if he's next to get his first out of all the guys considered in the top 20 players in the league. Will it be him or guys like Rose, Durant, Williams, Paul, Griffin, Howard. These are who we should be asking will he get his before and honestly I think not. Of just those names I listed, I think the list of most likely winners in short order goes Durant, Rose, Paul/Griffin, then Melo.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I can't see Carmelo ever winning a championship unless he's a second option.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »