Home

why missouri wont be as bad as you think in the sec

This is a discussion on why missouri wont be as bad as you think in the sec within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Rookie

crb236's Arena

OVR: 3
why missouri wont be as bad as you think in the sec

1. The first thing people say is that missouri will have to ajust to sec defense which is true but these defenses will also have to ajust to missouri...miz runs the spread which is really effective and they are pretty good at it..
2. Missouri is 20-8-1 against sec teams and 4-1 since 2000 so they can hold their own.
3. The sec is the best football confrence but the big 12 is probably the second best so while it is a step up to go to the sec but how big of a step is it
miz will hold their own in the sec not saying they will do great but they have good talent and needs a better defence im saying they will finish 2nd in sec east maybe 3rd....hope everyone is as excited as i am to see miz in the sec
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Rookie

jamie1981's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crb236
1. The first thing people say is that missouri will have to ajust to sec defense which is true but these defenses will also have to ajust to missouri...miz runs the spread which is really effective and they are pretty good at it..
2. Missouri is 20-8-1 against sec teams and 4-1 since 2000 so they can hold their own.
3. The sec is the best football confrence but the big 12 is probably the second best so while it is a step up to go to the sec but how big of a step is it
miz will hold their own in the sec not saying they will do great but they have good talent and needs a better defence im saying they will finish 2nd in sec east maybe 3rd....hope everyone is as excited as i am to see miz in the sec
I think they can win especially being in the weaker east division. The SEC elite teams are the best but there are still a few cupcakes that Mizzou can beat up on. I think they will be somewhat successful.

Sent from my 1983 Motorola DynaTAC mobile phone

My Teams:
Penn State Nittany Lions
Florida State Seminoles
Seattle Seahawks
Philadelphia Flyers
Philadelphia Phillies
Baltimore Orioles
Old 06-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: why missouri wont be as bad as you think in the sec

I'd be interested to see who they beat since 2000. Probably not Bama, LSU, Florida and SC.

Also, PAC > Big

I don't see Missouri contending for the SEC in the near future. .500 at best in the SEC with 6/7 wins
Old 06-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
The past few spread offenses that played SEC teams have not faired to well. I don't see this being an issue.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
Rookie

crb236's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I'd be interested to see who they beat since 2000. Probably not Bama, LSU, Florida and SC.

Also, PAC > Big

I don't see Missouri contending for the SEC in the near future. .500 at best in the SEC with 6/7 wins
id take texas nebraska and oklahoma over oregon and usc any day.....and missouri has one of the most talented teams they have ever had this year james franklin is going to be one of the best qb's in the sec plus it doen't hurt to have the best hs recruit in the nation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
id take texas nebraska and oklahoma over oregon and usc any day.....and missouri has one of the most talented teams they have ever had this year james franklin is going to be one of the best qb's in the sec plus it doen't hurt to have the best hs recruit in the nation
Nebraska doesn't play in the Big 12 anymore.

Quote:
I fail to see how this is relevant to 2012 Missouri and future Mizzou teams. Missouri hasn't played a SEC team since January 1, 2008. That was 5 seasons ago.

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 06-23-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Nebraska doesn't play in the Big 12 anymore.

I fail to see how this is relevant to 2012 Missouri and future Mizzou teams. Missouri hasn't played a SEC team since January 1, 2008. That was 5 seasons ago.
Yes, but that should cut both ways.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Yeah but I think the SEC might have been deeper back then than it is, now.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »