Home

Complete Dynasty Guide?

This is a discussion on Complete Dynasty Guide? within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

OVR: 5
Complete Dynasty Guide?

I was wondering if someone could give me a guide on how to approach the dynasty mode on this game. From the ABL to recruiting to in game play. Just everything. It might take a lot of time, but I'll definitely appreciate it.

It'll be greatly appreciated!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Complete Dynasty Guide?

Recruiting: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ting-help.html

And with the development, figure out what you want each player to be like and have them work on that throughout the year. Also, use the bonus drills for quick rating improvements.

Once you start getting into the legacy mode, you'll start to get a feel with what works best for you. Most of all have fun man! Whatever that looks like to you, do it.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #3

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

It's just like real life man, it's all trial and error. I used to try and build run-n-gun teams, but found development is tuned much more towards defense and awareness. I'm also better at the defensive drills. It's one of those modes that you gotta play more to figure out, and that's what makes it so beautiful.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah you're better off just playing it and figuring it all out on your own. It would actually add to the difficulty early on in Career Legacy, which would be more realistic. I am seriously considering starting a new Career Legacy, but I know almost all of the ins-and-outs and it would be too easy to get a good team unles I put some serious house rules in place.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #5

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
Yeah you're better off just playing it and figuring it all out on your own. It would actually add to the difficulty early on in Career Legacy, which would be more realistic. I am seriously considering starting a new Career Legacy, but I know almost all of the ins-and-outs and it would be too easy to get a good team unles I put some serious house rules in place.
I dunno there's still the challenge of recruiting new ground and such. I mean recruiting in Elon was sooooooooooooooo much easier than recruiting in Brookings. Often times I tier myself in recruiting at the beginning. 1-2 three stars the rest below for two years. I also don't try to keep kids. If a freshman comes in that will start over a soph/junior so be it. Sacrifice depth since it is rather easy to accumulate. I also try to carve out a niche in recruiting. At Wisconsin I had great center after great center, at UNC now I've gotten great off guards coming through the ranks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

OVR: 5

Well I've played this game a lot, but never really been a great recruiter, but read that thread that Vandy posted and will use some of those tips. Also I've never really done any of the developmental drills or anything. Always just went and played using my run and gun style of play.

It'll be greatly appreciated!!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
I've never used the development drills either. Are they really worth it? Is it assumed the CPU is doing the same with their players or is it an advantage the User gets over the CPU?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I can't complete any of the drills lol. It's kinda funny watching my SGs try to sink enough 3 pointers to get the bonus.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »