Home

Ask and you shall receive...

This is a discussion on Ask and you shall receive... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Ask and you shall receive...

...but in the end, is it worth it?

The Madden dev team went all out this year and answered us with a new engine, better gameplay, and an overhaul to all the modes. My question to all of you is if it was worth it in your eyes?

Missing editing stats and attributes, no longer have the ability to import draft classes, cannot use a fantasy draft, and few others out there from other threads.

For years I've defended Madden in the boards because I believed that it catered to the ****** fan that played it every year. Now they are catering to the gripes from the hardcore players and I don't know if I approve.

For once I'm debating on if I'm buying game day one or not. I probably still will, but I don't know how much replay value I will get without the fantasy draft. I know EA is using 13 as a baseline and building, but I may just keep 12 this year instead of trading it in.

So let me here your thoughts. Is all of this worth it?

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Ask and you shall receive...

I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I never used draft classes. Or any of that other stuff.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

Actually to me I wouldn't have even thought about buying the game if they didn't add what they added this year.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
...but in the end, is it worth it?

The Madden dev team went all out this year and answered us with a new engine, better gameplay, and an overhaul to all the modes. My question to all of you is if it was worth it in your eyes?

Missing editing stats and attributes, no longer have the ability to import draft classes, cannot use a fantasy draft, and few others out there from other threads.

For years I've defended Madden in the boards because I believed that it catered to the ****** fan that played it every year. Now they are catering to the gripes from the hardcore players and I don't know if I approve.

For once I'm debating on if I'm buying game day one or not. I probably still will, but I don't know how much replay value I will get without the fantasy draft. I know EA is using 13 as a baseline and building, but I may just keep 12 this year instead of trading it in.

So let me here your thoughts. Is all of this worth it?
I'm with you.

I've bought this at midnight for years but this year will probably rent it first. I never even thought I would consider doing that but I'm very pessimistic about the way it's looking right now...
Old 06-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

Long term I believe it will be worth it. I expect that a few years down the road CC will be an excellent mode that will include most, if not all, of the missing features. Speaking solely about this year I am looking forward to the new engine and Connected Careers mode, but I'm disappointed by some of the missing features.

Importing draft classes is a feature I always enjoyed, but I understand why they left it out. It was a feature that never really worked properly and I don't have a problem with them holding it off until they get it working. I expect we could be without this feature for the immediate future.

Edit players is something I really enjoyed and I don't understand why it is missing. It was a great feature that I think a lot of people enjoyed. It has been called a "minor feature", but I think they underestimated how many people really enjoyed using it. I expect it will be back by Madden 14.

No multiple team control and no offline "couch co-op" in CC is the biggest loss for me. Like editing players I don't understand why we don't have the ability to have two controllers on the same team in an offline CC. This was a feature I have been using in Madden games for the last 10+ years and I'm very disappointed that it won't be included in this year's game. I'm hoping we get this back for Madden 14, but I'm not sure we will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I consider it a day 1 purchase for me. The things that they didn't add back to Madden I never utilized in the past.

I feel for the people that do utilize those features, but I support the effort of the big changes this year, most notably the Infinity engine.

For me, it's more steps towards realism.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 29

For me it will be worth it as a rental so I can experience the upgraded gameplay, but I'll miss the replay value that last years franchise mode had and that will stop me from buying it
Old 06-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Ultimately the on-field gameplay is most important, IMO. All of the ancillary features in the world mean nothing if the gameplay isn't up to par.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »