Home

This game is not a must buy until they add Runtime Physics to blocking.

This is a discussion on This game is not a must buy until they add Runtime Physics to blocking. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
This game is not a must buy until they add Runtime Physics to blocking.

The good news is that with the Infinity Engine Madden is headed in the right direction and I am excited about next-gen Madden. Watching these videos we all see how great the infinity engine can be.
The bad news is that they didn't add this technology to the most fundamental part of the game, blocking (and running). Which is why some of the same old bugs will remain in this game after many years.

Blockers still can't calculate defenders at approximately a 45 degree angle which is why outside/open field blocking will still remain flawed and this is why defensive-ends still don't get any pressure on the quarterback; because in order for d-ends to be blocked they have to be adjacent to the blockers. So the computer makes up for this by zooming the offensive tackles right in front of the d-ends. Sometimes you can get a 45 degree angle on a offensive tackle and they won't even attempt to touch you. The reason d-tackles get more pressure on the Qb is because they quickly engage with the guards and are able to perform a block shedding animation.
This is also why nano-blitzing is still in the game too!

So hopefully they will add run-time physics to the blocking in Madden 14. But for this Madden expect some great looking tackles, nice throws, and catches, but everything else will remain the same for the most part as far a gameplay goes.
So if you know and accept these terms (lol, not really terms) then you should have a great time playing Madden 13. But if you expect blocking, d-end pressures, open field blocking, and nano-blitzing to be greatly improved then you are in for a disappointment.
I going to rent this game before I buy like I have the past 4 years (in which i didn't end up buying the game) before I decide if I will buy or not. So consider this your warning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: This game is not a must buy until they add Runtime Physics to blocking.

I have accepted these terms and I will be playing Madden when it comes out. On another note, why did u start this thread if u have two similar ones already?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...changed-2.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-blocking.html
Old 06-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Banned

MoGotti_'s Arena

OVR: 2

just give it time and stay hopeful. things will work out i believe in this madden team they are really pushing this game in the right direction.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by billylee0000
I have accepted these terms and I will be playing Madden when it comes out. On another note, why did u start this thread if u have two similar ones already?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...changed-2.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-blocking.html

The Ginn thread is completely different and the other thread was in another forum. Does this answer your question?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
The Ginn thread is completely different and the other thread was in another forum. Does this answer your question?
No, not really. We knew from the first webcast, two months ago, that OL did not receive an overhaul, just tuning and tweaking.

We do feel confident, that a former pro OL, is working in that area for now and in the future.

And you are correct in your expectations. I plan on supporting 13 for the efforts they made going for it all with rtp, and with the hopes of them working on OL/DL for Madden 14.

Last edited by roadman; 06-10-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I expect the complaints of the OP to be worked on in Madden 14. I know you generally hear that as the typical excuse but EA really seems to of made a massive overhaul to the game and is going in the right direction. It is unrealistic to expect them to be able to work on everything all at once.
I am glad to see the OP understands this and I think the future looks bright.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
Rookie

themassacre771.1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
No, not really. We knew from the first webcast, two months ago, that OL did not receive an overhaul, just tuning and tweaking.

We do feel confident, that a former pro OL, is working in that area for now and in the future.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't understand this expectation that Madden be perfectly tantamount to what we see on the field in real life. That is what they should strive for but you take it to another level.

You don't see people complaining that in COD sniper bullet trajectories don't change from long distance in the wind.

I'm not saying don't talk about things you want in the game but don't make it sound like great improvements don't matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »