Home

good, young players to pick up in the 70-75 ovr range?

This is a discussion on good, young players to pick up in the 70-75 ovr range? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
good, young players to pick up in the 70-75 ovr range?

I just started a Manager mode with Blackpool, and will probably be promoted first year in to the EPL. However, I could use a new guy or two who wont break the bank but is also young and plays really well (maybe even above his overall rating).

So Im looking in that 70-75 range. Has anyone played with a player in that range that was both on the younger side and great to play with? Could use some recommendations!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Cool Hand Luke's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: good, young players to pick up in the 70-75 ovr range?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
So Im looking in that 70-75 range. Has anyone played with a player in that range that was both on the younger side and great to play with? Could use some recommendations!
I play with a created team and set the yearly budget at like $1.5 million, so I'm always looking for "bargain" players and as a rule in all sports games I target younger players to try to build something for the future. I've found quite a few young guys in that upper-60's to mid-70's range that I've been really happy with.

I know it doesn't help now, but I can't think of specific names off the top of my head right this second. The next time I play, I'll jot down some names, ratings, and values then post them here for you.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks, thatd be a big help. Ill be on the lookout for guys as well.

Ive found some 75-80 gems in the past but Im gonna aim a bit lower for my Blackpool squad.

also, i didnt know you could play MM with a created team. Interesting.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
Pro

Alexandre Lacazette grows into a great striker, Jackson Martinez, Pasquato, Benedetti and some that I remember of the top of my head. ALthough I can't remember some first names.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #5
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

I'd raid the norwegian leagues, especially Molde FK. Forren, Eikrem and Angan are all decent quality.

The English clubs ask for way too much in terms of valuation (realistic, I suppose), otherwise I would of recommended Albert Adomah (Bristol City).
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
Rookie

Cool Hand Luke's Arena

Alright, here are some of the guys I have in that range (including some upper 60's guys). Also, I'm in year 3, so I can't find out what I paid for guys I purchased before the current season and the OVR ratings may be one or two points lower if you aren't that far along.

Sylvester Igboun (ST, CF) - Age 23; 69 OVR; Fast and pretty good finisher. Doesn't show me what I purchased him for, but his current est. worth is $1.9 mil.

Andros Townsend (LM, RM) - Age 22; 71 OVR; I use him more as a CAM. He's fast and very solid on the ball. Stamina can be an issue, depending on your half length and formation work rates. Doesn't show what I purchased him for, but his current est. worth is $2.5 mil.

Jonathan Legear (RM, LM, ST) - Age 26; 75 OVR; Again, I use him more as a CAM. Fast, decent finisher, great stamina. I purchased him for $4.5 mil (est. worth $4 mil).

Abdou Razack Traore (LW, RW) - Age 25; 75 OVR; Lightning quick, finishes well, crosses well. Purchased him for $4.4 mil (est. worth was $3.6 mil.)

Daley Mena (RM, RW, LM) - Age 27; 70 OVR; Very fast, I use him on the wing. Doesn't show what I purchased him for, but his current est. worth is $1.8 mil.)

Panagiotis Kone (CF, CAM, RM, LM) - Age 26; 77 OVR; Solid all-around forward. I picked him up as a free agent before 3rd season (est. worth $3.4 mil).

Vitor Junior (CM, LM, CAM, RM) - Age 27; 71 OVR; Very fast and a great finisher. Doesn't show what I purchased him for, but his current est. worth is $1.4 mil.

Kim Andre Madsen (CB, RB) - Age 24; 71 OVR; Excellent all-around defender. Doesn't show what I purchased him for, but his current est. worth is $2.1 mil.

Didier Digard (CDM, CM, RM, CB) - Age 27; 75 OVR; Very good covering a lot of ground in front of my back line. I picked him up as a free agent (mid-2nd season, I think; est. worth $1.1 mil).

Mubarak Wakaso (CDM, CM, LB, LM) - Age 23; 74 OVR; Again, excellent defending in front of the back line and plays forward pretty well, also. I purchased him for $4 mil (est. worth $4.5 mil).

Ryan McGowan (RB, CDM, CM) - Age 24; 69 OVR; Great all-around player. Doesn't show what I purchased him for, but his current est. worth is $1.3 mil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
also, i didnt know you could play MM with a created team. Interesting.
Paid DLC is required to do so, but yes, it is possible.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Tommy Oar, he's an Australian LM/LW playing for Utrecht in the Dutch league, he grows 10 points in about 3 years & possibly more if you give him playing time & if you get in early he should be pretty affordable.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Spartak Moskow's Jano Ananidze, 18 year old MF with a nice upside, could be had relatively cheaply.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »