Home

NHL 13 - Stick Tape

This is a discussion on NHL 13 - Stick Tape within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NHL 13 - Stick Tape

Why hasnt EA added the ability to have custom Tape jobs? It would make the individual player models look more like real life. I know its little i just dont see how they havent added this yet.

Example with Ovechkin

Real life:http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/wri...t/ovechkin.jpg

EA NHL: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KqLKZFRTHM...nLeglift02.jpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 - Stick Tape

I really cant stand when people want the crew at EA to waste their time with minut details like this. Every single little detail is not going to be in the game and people need to learn this. They need to spend their time working on the core gameplay and not how Ovechkin tapes his stick.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't think that they should assign tape jobs to everyone in the league that has the slightest difference, but maybe just put 3 or 4 different styles to choose from.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 06-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarz45
I really cant stand when people want the crew at EA to waste their time with minut details like this. Every single little detail is not going to be in the game and people need to learn this. They need to spend their time working on the core gameplay and not how Ovechkin tapes his stick.
While you are correct they should be working on the core game (which they are), the EA NHL team should be to the point in the series where they should be adding little details like this. Have you played MLB The Show? They have little details like this galore. Why? because their gameplay is the closest to real life of any other sports game on the market. They are able to spend their time on little details. That's why their game is great not just good or mediocre. This is EA's 7th version of NHL on the 360 for god sakes and they are finally adding their first major gameplay changes since the skill stick in 07. There is no reason a request like tape jobs is absurd. At least put it in edit player so we can do it ourselves. They should be to the point in the series where they can add things like this.

The little details are what make a game go from good to great IMO. That's why this game is only mediocre. Sadly the past 5 iterations of NHL have basically not upgraded the gameplay in a considerable way and they aren't at the point of being able to add details like tape jobs, faces, arena details, etc. It just kind of makes you think of what they spent their time on the past 5 or 6 years. Physics, somewhat upgrade of Be A GM (NHL 09), broken sticks, goalie collisions, 1st person fighting, Winter Classic, goalie fighting, finding ridiculous work arounds for stopping glitch goals, broken glass, online modes and that's it really. Some of these features are kind of ridiculous looking back at it now.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 06-05-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Never mind this nonsense. When are proper black smudges on the boards going to happen from where the puck and players hit it. Enough is enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Personally I'd like to see some more player faces before we get to individual tape styles.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Didnt mean to get people mad at me i just thought it wouldnt take long to put in. And i agree 100% that they should work on gameplay first. And not just Ovechkin but most the Nhl all have diferent tape i just think more options would be better. Thats all.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWJets87
Didnt mean to get people mad at me i just thought it wouldnt take long to put in. And i agree 100% that they should work on gameplay first. And not just Ovechkin but most the Nhl all have diferent tape i just think more options would be better. Thats all.
There are always crybabys out there that post to make other people look bad as to make them look good. When somebody post its called In my Opinon. If you dont like it tuff they are not posting to agree to your terms only what they like. So keep up the posts. We all love the game for some of us we want the best game out there that means different strokes for different folks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »