Home

First Person View

This is a discussion on First Person View within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
First Person View

I was just thinking about how this could add to the realism to The Show. I understand that some would not like this view, which is why this would only be an option, but the ability to use this would be nice IMO. It may make pitches more difficult but that would be the players option; I do believe that it could help with baserunning if they would make the controls:

Advance - L1/R1
Slide Control - Left Stick
Look - Right Stick

It would also be fun to be in the outfield and see that fly ball of the bat and get underneath it. Again, just a thought but it would be a fun addition I believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: First Person View

i would welcome it, seeing as if you play online ur stuck with the catcher view for both hitting n pitching ps dont expect any replies, i posted a thread about camera angles, it has 60 plus views and only one reply. now if u write a post about sweaty lookin ball caps in the 1st inning u will get multiple replies, siiiiiiiiigh
Old 06-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #3

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Hopefully they add first person view. It'd be so cool playing RTTS and actually getting a first person view of what it's like to play positions. It'll really make it feel like you're controlling a robot or something lol.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I know you're talking about fielding specifically in your post, but I think first-person view would be awesome for pitching and for hitting as well. And not just in RTTS, but in all modes. It would just make everything feel a bit more immersive and organic. It would be really cool to get the subtle head movements into the camera reactions to the plays, pitches, all of that. It would do a lot for immersion and really be different from the very rigid tv camera movements that are in the game right now.

If you're interested, somebody put together an awesome "almost" first-person hitting camera. It's great. Check it out...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ghlight=camera
Old 06-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

I'd definitely like one for baserunning in RTTS, I don't like the current one, the amount of times I forget which direction on the stick makes me run which way when it switches round sometimes. I don't have time to think and panic, though that might be more of my fault.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »