Home

BENCHED in RTTS!?!

This is a discussion on BENCHED in RTTS!?! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
BENCHED in RTTS!?!

My RTTS player had 56 HR in August, nearly on pace to break the record. Our team is in postseason contention for the first time since I got called up four years ago. I'm leading in 2/3 triple crown categories and the leader in the MVP race.

And my guy got benched for not meeting his goals (Met one goal, missed the other). Not only will I have no shot at breaking the record now, I won't even be allowed to participate in the postseason as a starter.

This is complete BS. How could a flaw like this get into this game? I loved this game and now I don't even want to play it anymore. Its absolutely disgusting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: BENCHED in RTTS!?!

It's late August and you don't think you'll get a shot to compete in the postseason as a starter? Pretty sure that's not right. You should have another set of advancement goals to reach before the playoffs start. If you meet those, then you'll get put back in the lineup.

Anyway, I do agree with this major flaw in the game. I've been benched multiple times in RTTS for a couple of different stupid things, most notably for stealing without a green light in a hit-and-run situation where the batter didn't make contact. It happened to me last year when my player was coming off a .320/34 HR/120 RBI rookie season and was hitting .350/5 HR/30ish RBI in late April. I was benched all through May and into June until that training period was up.

But yes, the ridiculous benchings in the RTTS make it a pain in the butt. Throw in the inevitable "you're going to eventually get traded" flaw and it makes RTTS borderline unplayable.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree 100% that Advancement Goals are broken. I am all for Advancement Goals when you are a minor leaguer or a borderline starter in the MLB, but once you are an established MLB player and have good stats, Advancement Goals should not be that heavily negative if you fail to meet them. Maybe bench you for a game or two, but not weeks.

The worst part is, once you are on the bench its a lot harder to meet the next round of goals because of your limited number of at bats.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

i played a few seasons already and i never got benched and i don't find anything wrong with the achievement goals sometimes i might miss one or two a year but that's it
Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I wasn't benched for performance but I was benched/demoted for injury. In my LF RTTS, I was called up to the majors and then broke my ankle. I was out two months, was activated but lost my starting job and then actually got demoted to AAA two weeks later.

In my SP RTTS, I had pitched a perfect game, was the best starter on the team. Got to late July, had a shoulder strain, went to the DL for the minimum and when I came back, I was in the bullpen as middle relief. I actually got two save chances and converted both of them. Once I got to the next advancement period three weeks later, I was promoted back to the rotation (but now as MLB Rotation rather than MLB Ace) and stayed there the rest of the year, including the #1 starter in the World Series.

I have to imagine I'm the only player in baseball history to pitch a perfect game and convert a save in the same season. Plus pitch and win in the World Series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Banned

SportsGamingBlake's Arena

OVR: 0

Same thing happened to me today. 4th MLB season (2nd with Rangers), hitting .311 with 28 HR and 75 RBI in early August, but didn't reach all goals and was benched for 3 weeks. After I completed my next set of goals, I was a starter again but it REALLY pisses me off that I finished the season at .310/32/88 when I could have done at least .315/37/105 or something around there. In the middle of a pennant race too! Lost the division and got the Wild Card by ONE game! Imagine if I had been in the lineup for those 3 weeks! UGH!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
Rookie

JustinVerlander35's Arena

OVR: 3

Oh yes... I've had this happen to me a few times. There was this one season -- and like you -- I was tearing it up. Hitting nearly .400, had 65 HR, about a 140 RBIs and I don't walk much (look at those numbers, does it look like I miss many fastballs?) and, like you, it was a two-fer goal. I met the one goal, but didn't draw enough walks. It was my last goal set for the season so I had no chance whatsoever to make it up. I played EVERY SINGLE GAME that season. Every one, no simulating.

I get benched, and come off as a pinch hitter. I ended up hitting five pinch-hit home runs in the playoffs and worked my butt off to get benched.

I completely agree with this that it is flawed. I've been demoted as a pitcher because I didn't hit .300. in a certain time span. I don't want to spend my skill points on hitting, I want to work on other things.

Or I hate when you they make you do a hit-and-run and they throw you an un-hittable pitch, i'm talking like it's a breaking away slider that breaks three feet out of the zone and the runner gets thrown out. You get a failed goal. COME ON!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Have you guys visited the RTTS thread?

I would ask there if these things have been covered.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »