Home

Old 05-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Rookie

Sinner618's Arena

OVR: 0
I Give Up

I was exactly 1 week away from the postseason in my first franschise year, playing every single game, and every now and then i'd even play a few games for my AAA club...
Carpenter was about to clinch the Cy Young and NL MVP, even after missing 2 months from injury, going 20-1 with an era just barely over 1.00... Holliday was on his way to another batting title, batting .345 and had just hit his 30th homerun... My cardinals had just clinched the NL Central just 2 games before...

And then my PS3 died... I had to disassemble it to even get the disc back out...

After going a buying a new one, and having to start over, there was now no way around having to get the stupid patch(es)... I had been playing with only the 1.06 patch...

Now, this feels like a totally different game than I had been playing... I loved the feel before, but now nothing is the same.. I cannot get my sliders the way they were, nothing plays the same

Giving up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: I Give Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner618
I was exactly 1 week away from the postseason in my first franschise year, playing every single game, and every now and then i'd even play a few games for my AAA club...
Carpenter was about to clinch the Cy Young and NL MVP, even after missing 2 months from injury, going 20-1 with an era just barely over 1.00... Holliday was on his way to another batting title, batting .345 and had just hit his 30th homerun... My cardinals had just clinched the NL Central just 2 games before...

And then my PS3 died... I had to disassemble it to even get the disc back out...

After going a buying a new one, and having to start over, there was now no way around having to get the stupid patch(es)... I had been playing with only the 1.06 patch...

Now, this feels like a totally different game than I had been playing... I loved the feel before, but now nothing is the same.. I cannot get my sliders the way they were, nothing plays the same

Giving up.
Was there that much difference between what was on the disc (no patches) and the 1.06 patch? Just play with no patches at all and see if your game is similar. But, IMO, I think you'd adjust to the game with the new patches as well.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner618

Giving up.
None of the hitting or pitching coding was altered for any of the patches. This was stated twice by Russell_SCEA.

Question: When you transfer files between systems, does that exclude Game Data? Or will your old system not turn on enough to do this?

And another thing: Why do you NEED to patch the new system?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17

Sinner, hate to hear that. Try JoeRyan33 and IL4T and authentic's sliders, they both simulate a nice brand of baseball. I just recently fired up Joe's sliders and they are nice and tough. I have found that my babip (batting avg with balls in play) with the game was real high with most of the outs coming with strike outs. However, with Joe's, the variety of outs is awesome. He plays with high pitch speed but you can tailor to your liking. Hope this may help you. Give it another try!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
MVP

He doesn't need slider changes if he was happy with almost an entire years worth of stats.

He needs to know nothing in the hitting/pitching department changed with any of the patches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Sinner618's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
None of the hitting or pitching coding was altered for any of the patches. This was stated twice by Russell_SCEA.

Question: When you transfer files between systems, does that exclude Game Data? Or will your old system not turn on enough to do this?

And another thing: Why do you NEED to patch the new system?
Oh no, I know none of the hitting/pitching coding was altered. I'm just saying everything feels different, probably because I have no idea what my exact sliders were at before.

I had everything set perfectly to my liking. I wasn't blowing teams away, once in a while yes, but rare, and really depended on what pitcher and his ratings blah blah blah were if I did that. Usually it was against a team starting someone in place of an injured regular starter. And I wasn't getting blown away by opponents very often. Each game felt like I can win or lose every time. I didn't have the sliders set in a way where there was a distinct advantage for or against me, just set so it seemed more like a baseball game versus the default settings.

And, everytime I hit a homerun now, its now the "first home run of their career!"...
The wind! I had 30 mph gusts coming IN towards homeplate, and the opposing team was hitting multiple DEEP no doubter homeruns right through it, and I have the wind influence slider all the way up.

I could not transfer a single thing from the old system. It wouldn't stay on longer than a second, then beeped and shutoff with the flashing red light. I had to disassemble to just get the game out.

It won't let me have intenet access without up******. Should I try 1.21? I haven't done that one yet. 1.21 came out the day after I got the new PS3.

It just feels and plays so much different, I can't explain really.
I used to look forward to playing. Now I kinda dread even trying
Old 05-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
MVP

Ok. This makes more sense.

You really have no idea what difficulty and slider tweaking you did? Like, none at all??? You changed them yourself, correct?

I use the release day patch (1.05), which I have to assume is very similar to not being patched at all. I assume, anyway.

If the HR/ticker bug bothers you, I think you ought to stay away from the patches all together until SCEA addresses this. Unpatched, I don't think you'll have this "issue."

Dude, if I were you, I'd be flipping through notebooks and looking through my OS post history hoping I had a record of my sliders somewhere. They didn't attach themselves to your Franchise file? I'm almost positive they do.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Hooray for PS+ and their automatic save back-ups.

I still have yet to post my sliders (don't know why, as I've been incredibly backlogged posting anything about The Show this year), but you could always try them out when I do. I never really feel cheated by the CPU... in that, I mean that I seem to venture the same exploits as they do at any given time.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »