Home

Am I the only one having this issue?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one having this issue? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Am I the only one having this issue?

One major issue I am having with this game is that it seems like once you give up two or three consecutive hits, it is literally impossible to get an out until the other team has about 6 or 7 runs. It could be the Astros with all of the pitcher ratings/sliders all the way up and the hitter ratings/sliders all the way down and it would still be like this. Is anyone else having this issue? Are there certain things I can do to prevent it? It is almost like there is no such thing as giving up one run in an inning, it's either none or 8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Am I the only one having this issue?

Do you switch pitchers after giving up a run or two? Does it help? There's been lots of talk about this game having momentum/comeback AI. It's standard in every sports video game today. FIFA's probably the worst, where the CPU will play like morons and spot you a couple goals, and then start playing like Barcelona until they're three goals up, lol.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Do you switch pitchers after giving up a run or two? Does it help? There's been lots of talk about this game having momentum/comeback AI. It's standard in every sports video game today. FIFA's probably the worst, where the CPU will play like morons and spot you a couple goals, and then start playing like Barcelona until they're three goals up, lol.
I have not tried that yet. I usually change pitchers based on pitch count, inning, and how much I am up/down by. Not necessarily giving up a few runs. It also depends on the pitcher too.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGaming2012
I have not tried that yet.
To enjoy these sports games, you have to come to terms with the fact that the coding in these games is totally fubar at times, bottomline. In The Show for example, due to the over-the-top confidence programming, once a pitcher gives up a couple of hits he suddenly becomes entirely useless. So you have to get him out of there, even if it's the first couple of innings.

You can only work with what the game programming gives you, even if it's not what would actually happen in real life. Every time I get a new game, I spend the first couple weeks playing exhibition games, testing out the game programming to see what the game will and won't do.

Last edited by Yeats; 05-29-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
Rookie

After giving up three or so hits, a mound visit to improve composure seems to help. I also shift my pitching to throw a few more balls since I seem to get more swings and misses at them once the AI becomes more aggressive. I do have innings where I give up two or three, but it seems to avoid the really huge innings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
Rookie

If a guy starts giving up hits I'll just yank him as soon as possible, and bring in someone with a pitch type I feel really comfortable with.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

I have had bad innings here and there but not anythingthat really concerns me. For about the same amountof big innings. Against me I have managed to work myself out of major jams. I think sliders play a big part in this also. I am using beetlebums sliderder set and I have a great franchise going with them without to many crazy things going on.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
Rookie

I usually do a mound visit, and warm up my guy in the bullpen if that happens. If you're pitcher is giving up 5 straight hits, either you're not pitching very well, or it's time to get that guy out of there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »