Home

MLB 12 The Show: Pulse Pitching Vs Pure Analog

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show: Pulse Pitching Vs Pure Analog within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Rookie

BPBlues's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB 12 The Show: Pulse Pitching Vs Pure Analog

Play mostly in RTTS, and mostly as a pitcher.

I loved last year's Pure Analog pitching and hitting.

But when 12 came along, I just stuck with the defaults. With Pulse Pitching, I get about 2-5 strikeouts per game, unless I get very lucky. Most ever is 11 KOs.

So I decide to finally go back to Pure Analog, and BOOM. Look what I've been missing ... feels more like pitching and I get 1 or 2 KOs per inning, which is what I used to be able to do with the game on default settings.

Here's what I notice: when there is error in the Pulse Pitching mechanic, things often go haywire and the ball rises on me or floats away from where I wanted to go. With Pure Analog, everything goes just swell ... my error tends to be error in the direction I wanted.

Just a head's up ... for those of you who haven't switched back to Pure Analog ... it's great. The Pule Pitching seems like it'd be more relaxing and easy, but it's really not, simple as that. Less like pitching, and error that doesn't go in the direction I wanted it to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 12 The Show: Pulse Pitching Vs Pure Analog

1-2 strikeouts per inning and making no mistakes? That doesn't seem all that realistic. Errors aren't supposed to go where you want them, that's why they are errors. I get plenty of K's in pulse pitching, as much as I would expect to get. I've K'ed 8 in a 5 inning relief appearance with Alexei Ogando, I've had innings where I K'ed the side. In RTTS I've had 9 and 10 K starts, I usually have 4 or 5 per game, 0-1 walks. My K/9 rating is right at 70 so that seems to be about average for my ratings. I do give up a lot of homers, but I throw a ton of strikes.

If it feels better, that's one thing. But K'ing 1-2 an inning and making "perfect errors" seems like it just made the game easier for you.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

I might sound like an old man when I say this, but I just couldn't use Pulse Pitching. Watching that orb rotate and shrink gave me a headache and then if it was out of sync with my breathing I'd have to stop and try again and it took me up to 20 minutes per-at-bat if I was having a bad day. I definitely prefer Pure Analog. I think my background as a former 2K guy makes it feel more natural. I also like the fact that if I don't nail the motion, I quite often leave it over the plate because I didn't get the direction, not because I didn't make a circle small enough.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 05-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK0wnag3
I might sound like an old man when I say this, but I just couldn't use Pulse Pitching. Watching that orb rotate and shrink gave me a headache and then if it was out of sync with my breathing I'd have to stop and try again and it took me up to 20 minutes per-at-bat if I was having a bad day. I definitely prefer Pure Analog. I think my background as a former 2K guy makes it feel more natural. I also like the fact that if I don't nail the motion, I quite often leave it over the plate because I didn't get the direction, not because I didn't make a circle small enough.
Same here. Everyone was posting about how easy Pulse pitching was on release but I couldn't use it at all. Pure Analog works much much better for me.

I found myself bobbing my head with the pulse to try and get it correct but it never worked. And I'm 22 so no old man syndrome here.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Rookie

I can't get the pulse pitching to work for me at all. It's WAY to stressful trying to time it. Maybe I'm just getting too old? I like the analog pitching, but I've played like 20+ games and never hit a batter. Seems a bit unlikely? No matter how bad I screw it up it's never enough to plunk someone. I think I might try the classic pitching with no ball marker.

That's the greatest thing about this game.They give you a billion options and let you set it up the way you want. A lot of games would toss in the new feature and toss the rest. Takes me a while to find all the settings I like, but once I do it's pure heaven.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Interesting thread... I myself am torn between the two. I love analog because it feels like pitching and like you're in control but the problem is that I'm in too much control. When I do miss it seems like it's always right over the plate and I never ever walk a guy. On the other hand, with pulse pitching the results seem far more accurate with 2-5 walks per game and the realistic sense that the balls just not always gonna go exactly where I want it to go but pressing a button doesn't feel like I'm engaged in the pitching battle at all though as the cpu is doing the actual windup, pitch and follow through afterwards. I'd love to see pulse and analog somehow incorporated together next year as a new option.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

I've used Pulse Pitching since I got the game Day 1, and I've liked using it since. The analog pitching from 11 really frustrated me. Pulse Pitching is pretty simple to use but it's still difficult to master. I get realistic K's per game depending on the pitcher.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #8
Rookie

tlobster12's Arena

OVR: 7

I love using pulse because I suck at analog pitching. I walk like 8 guys with analog so I decided to go back to pulse. In 11 I was OK with it but this year it seems harder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »