Home

Paving Their Road to Success: The Legacy of Coach Moon

This is a discussion on Paving Their Road to Success: The Legacy of Coach Moon within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Paving Their Road to Success: The Legacy of Coach Moon

So to give people (or just myself, depending on who reads this) the expectations for this dynasty I figured I'd lay down the 'ground rules'.

-Due to my schedule expect this to move without much consistency. One day there could be 5 seasons done and up, boom, just like that. Orrrr there could be a week where there's a monthly update if I'm lucky. This'll be moving at 'my pace' as much as I love to keep it going with a nice rhythm to it . If I force updates it'll just sputter out and not go anywhere, not fun.

-This will be more of a recruit/sim dynasty than anything. I love everything about 2k8 but more than anything I love watching 'how things play out'. Did that big time recruit pan out? Was it worth keeping that walk on? Give me a 7 ft. guy and I can always do something positive with him, regardless of one star or 5 star prospect. But can my recruiting decisions lead to a title (more or a less a shot at the title since I'll probably play all "important/meaningful" games). Of course when games are played they'll be at MOP (without sliders) and 10 minute halves.

-Also, since this is a 'recruiting' dynasty I won't have restrictions on my recruiting. Of course there's the "world recruit" argument but I generally avoid them anyways seeing as very few of them ever pan out for me. Otherwise, please let me know what you think and enjoy!

Writer's Question: What's a simple way to make tables? It would help to clean up a lot of my posts, thanks!

Last edited by Per4mance; 05-27-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Paving Their Road to Success: The Legacy of Coach Moon

Media Ploy? We Really Hope So…

Last year was not a particularly good year for the Central Arkansas faithful. The small college from Conway finished up the year with a 10-20 record, and a 4-12 record in Southland conference play, nothing special. Fans of the team seemingly are falling away from the program at every twist and turn. But, winds of change are blowing; in fact, radical winds of change are blowing. Following ‘much deliberation’ by the AD and administration the University of Central Arkansas is ushering in possibly the most unproven, unheard of, and unconnected to basketball coach in possibly the history of college basketball. That Coach? Meet Nicholas Moon, fresh from college at the ripe old age of 25 with no organized basketball experience, unless you count high school recreational leagues. But don’t worry Bears fans; he’s come prepared with the necessary tools. When asked what makes him a capable leader at his press conference introduction he responded with “I helped lead and coach my Ultimate team to back to back Elite Club National titles, basketball can’t be much different.”

Now for those of you wondering what Ultimate is, we’ve got you covered. Apparently the “Ultimate” Coach Moon refers to is none other than Ultimate Frisbee, the PE game we all played sometime in middle school. Now, I hate to be the baron of bad news but seeing as how I've been a sports writer for a few years I’ll fill you in on how this experiment will pan out. The Bears will draw increased attendance to see what all the fuss is about (yay for marketing!), but eventually the fans will realize this is none other than a marketing ploy. Once the fans feel conned (which knowing how smart Conwayians are, won’t take longer than three quarters) they’ll disappear, for good. With the fan support gone the athletes will have nothing left to play for and UCA will finally for their own good get booted from the Southland, yay for demotions! But hey, here’s to you Central Arkansas, without wacky decisions like this I wouldn’t have anything to write about.

Last edited by Per4mance; 05-27-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

2007-2008 Central Arkansas Bears Coaching Staff and Roster

Position
Name
Head Coach
Nicholas Moon
N/A
Assistant Coach
D.J. Elias
Assistant Coach
Kamarr Bree

2007-2008 Central Arkansas Bears Roster
#NAMEPOSHTWTCLASSHOMETOWN
10Nate BowiePG6'0165SRSt. Louis, Missouri
1York SimsPG6'2185RS JRFort Smith, Arkansas
22Marcus PillowPG5'11170FRLittle Rock, Arkansas
11Ryan WilliamsPG6'1155RS SOLittle Rock, Arkansas
5Jordan WomackSG6'2190JRLittle Rock, Arkansas
44Payne HardingSG6'1185RS FRFort Smith, Arkansas
24King CannonSG6'4175RS SORock Hill, South Carolina
34Mitch ReuterSF6'5215SOFort Smith, Arkansas
31Durrell NevelsPF6'6200JRFort Smith, Arkansas
40Chris BrownPF6'8215SOFort Smith, Arkansas
21Landrell BrewerC6'9230JRNew Orleans, Louisiana
25Brian MarksC6'9250JRSparks, Nevada
32Drew HaymakerC6'8240SOTulsa, Oklahoma

Last edited by Per4mance; 05-27-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Rookie

2007-2008 Central Arkansas Bears Schedule
@Jacksonville State
Idaho
DRAKE REGENCY CLASSIC
@Tulsa
@Charlotte
@Idaho
@Valparaiso
JACKPOT CHALLENGE B
UMKC
Vermont
@UNC Greensboro
UT-Arlington
Texas State
@UT-San Antonio
@Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
Lamar
McNeese State
@SE Louisiana
@Nicholls State
Northwestern State
@Stephen F. Austin
Sam Houston State
@Lamar
@McNeese State
SE Louisiana
Nicholls State
@Northwestern State

KEY:
Nonconference Game
Tournament
Conference Game

Last edited by Per4mance; 05-27-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

One way you can make tables is to use the table generators on this site:

http://dynasties.operationsports.com/index.php

Start there. They have a whole section for College Basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

I was just about to mention the same thing for the tables haha. Anyways good luck with Central Arkansas! Hopefully the frisbee coach can do something special in the middle of nowhere.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Preseason Top 25 & All Americans
NCAA Hoops Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Oct 28, 2007
RKTEAM (VOTES)RECORD
1Kansas0-0
2North Carolina0-0
3Memphis0-0
4Michigan State0-0
5Louisville0-0
6Georgetown0-0
7UCLA0-0
8Tennessee0-0
9Marquette0-0
10Duke0-0
11Wisconsin0-0
12Kentucky0-0
13Arizona0-0
14Pittsburgh0-0
15Oregon0-0
16Texas A&M0-0
17Arkansas0-0
18Texas0-0
19Florida State0-0
20Indiana0-0
21Illinois0-0
22Clemson0-0
23Ohio State0-0
24Syracuse0-0
25Maryland0-0

First Team:
PG: Darren Collison UCLA
SG: Chris Lofton Tennessee
SF: Martin Zeno Texas Tech
PF: Tyler Hansbrough North Carolina
C: Roy Hibbert Georgetown

Second Team:
PG: Sean Singletary Virginia
SG: JaJuan Smith Tennessee
SF: Tyler Smith Tennessee
PF: Joseph Jones Texas A&M
C: Kevin Love UCLA

Old 05-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Recruiting Outlook
In our humble opinion this year’s recruiting class won’t have much impact on the newly brought in Coach Moon regime, Why’s that you ask? Well, dear reader we’ll tell you…Coach Moon won’t be around to see it. Yes, we fully expect that barring a miracle this Frisbee fanatic won’t be calling Conway home by the time his recruits come to town. However, with that said we owe it to our readers to provide you with our expectation (or even just what we’d like to see) out of how Moon should attempt to use his two allotted scholarships on the recruiting trail.

-The first scholarship should without a doubt be used to replace departing senior point guard Nate Bowie. Bowie, a former 1* recruit in his high school days has lead the team admirably over the very uneventful four years he’s been in Conway, but regardless is the leader of the team. Bringing in someone who could vie for playing time with redshirt junior York Sims and true freshman Marcus Pillow should no doubt be a priority.

-The second scholarship is more of an enigma to how it’ll be used. With only Bowie as the lone senior Moon can use it anywhere to provide future depth. It’s very likely we’ll see this scholarship put in play at either the 4 or 5 spot. With both Brewer and Marks topping off the Bears height at 6’9 they could no doubt use some height. Another likely option is to just attempt to draw in some talent, or the common practice of “taking the best available”. As much as the fans love their boys there’s a reason they signed a no name coach from an unknown sport, the team hasn’t performed. So of course how is this remedied? Bringing in talent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »