Home

What is your trade strategy?

This is a discussion on What is your trade strategy? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What is your trade strategy?

I can not make a single trade. If I pick one player. Not a superstar. I still get zero interest. I look at what the other team is looking for position wise and still nothing. Any tips on how to go about it? I always see people saying it is to easy to trade. I disagree! Ha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
Rookie

bdhill78's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What is your trade strategy?

I like Jim Bowden's strategy: hide a player's injury, then swindle some sucker.

I've had more success dealing prospects than players on my 25 man. That's annoying, because there's a good reason I want to get rid of the guy on my 25 man. But the computer likes to stock up the farm it seems.
Bundesliga: FC Schalke 04
Old 05-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
Rookie

The trading system is a little weird at times. I have noticed that their needs dont necessarily mean eanything. They almost always want a RP and I have tried to trade my three best for a decent fielder and they had zero interest. A potential players with team friendly salaries are easiest to trade.

Only a select few teams will eat the salary of a huge superstar. I'm playing with the Padres right now, and signed Oswalt and Vazquez off the FA list, and in year two my rotation is Zimmerman, Holland, Beachy, Feliz, Minor, Worley. Also picked up Martin in CF and a couple other A prospects.

Sometimes you may have to give up a young A or B prospect as a package with a older veteran, but you can receive three A players that are MLB ready in return.

What team are you playing with? Is their someone specific you want?
Old 05-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
MVP

My trade strategy is simple, Force Trades On.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nryan34
The trading system is a little weird at times. I have noticed that their needs dont necessarily mean eanything. They almost always want a RP and I have tried to trade my three best for a decent fielder and they had zero interest. A potential players with team friendly salaries are easiest to trade.

Only a select few teams will eat the salary of a huge superstar. I'm playing with the Padres right now, and signed Oswalt and Vazquez off the FA list, and in year two my rotation is Zimmerman, Holland, Beachy, Feliz, Minor, Worley. Also picked up Martin in CF and a couple other A prospects.

Sometimes you may have to give up a young A or B prospect as a package with a older veteran, but you can receive three A players that are MLB ready in return.

What team are you playing with? Is their someone specific you want?

I use the Indians and am in my 3rd yr though. Need outfield help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
Rookie

I read what other people have done trade wise in the franchise forum and work from there. (In my show world I consider this the rumor mill)

Another way is to open a new trade, pick the player I'm willing to deal. Then open the window of the position I'm interested in, click on a guy team by team until I get a nice blue bar. If the other team is in a salary dump mode, find an expensive veteran (hopefully with one year left) and add him to the deal. This usually makes the deal in your favor.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkins2
I use the Indians and am in my 3rd yr though. Need outfield help
If you have any A prospect SP they usually are very easy to trade. Especially when they are young. If you still have Cabrera, you could trade him and an A SP prospect, for a solid LF, good SS and another piece of your choosing. I sometimes trade my best players during their last years of arbitration, because I cannot afford to keep them.

Made the mistake once of giving arbitration to Maybin, Alonso, Street in the same year and got sacked with the $30 million bill at the end. Had to trade them just to sign my remaining contract renewables

One other thing I do is I add pieces to the trade to see what they are interested most in, for example maybe they don't want Cabrera, they would want Knipsis instead?
Old 05-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
Rookie

chuguman99's Arena

OVR: 3

I've seen the Yankees trade some good players for younger talent (I got Mo Rivera on my Cardinals franchise for some class-A pitcher, and A-Rod for David Freese). Of course, this could hurt you after a few seasons, but if you want immediate results and have younger players who you're not happy with, why not?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »