Home

Why are my rotations getting changed?

This is a discussion on Why are my rotations getting changed? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Why are my rotations getting changed?

I run a 30 team association on 2k12 and I am getting very frustrated. I spend a lot of time getting team's 9/10 man rotations correct and then when I simulate the 2012 season (I like to start on the second season) I notice that by the end of the year the 11th and 12th guys in every rotation have been assigned 4-7 minutes, taking minutes away from other players? Why is the game doing this? I have bench depth set to 0 for all team, and I have Lineup Management and Simulation Strategy in Association Customization both set to "off".

What's the point of letting us set our own rotations if the game just changes them for you anyway? Has anybody figured out how to prevent this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Why are my rotations getting changed?

Do you have injuries on/off?
Old 05-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
Pro

injuries are off

Quote:
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 05-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
Pro

I am seriously the only person having this problem?

Quote:

Old 05-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #5
Pro

I have a hunch that it could be tied to player roles. I currently have them on, so the CPU might feel the need to modify my rotations. In the descriptions it says that bench warmers and prospects want to get on the court at least once per game, so maybe the computer is simply trying to account for that. That's the only explanation that I can think of right now. It would mean that I wasted a lot of time trying to do the rotations for every team only to have to start all over again with player roles off but...oh well I guess.

Quote:

Last edited by tarantism; 05-22-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

did you set the lineup management in the beginning when you started the franchise to user for everyone? it takes a few min to set it to user for all 30 teams but that could be the reason if you didnt.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
did you set the lineup management in the beginning when you started the franchise to user for everyone? it takes a few min to set it to user for all 30 teams but that could be the reason if you didnt.
Yes I had everything set to user. I seem to have found a way to stop the issue from happening, even though I did not figure out WHY it was happening. When I stopped simulating two days before the player re-signing deadline and then simulated the day before, the day of the deadline and the day after one day at a time before continuing to simulate the remainder of the season then my rotations remained in tact. It was weird but at least I got it to stop happening so whatever.

Quote:

Old 05-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
MVP

ewingandoakley's Arena

OVR: 23

no you are not the only one having this problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Griffey Jr
Why should I stretch? Does a cheetah stretch before it chases its prey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Damon
I just go out and play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »