Home

Madden 13: Presentation News?

This is a discussion on Madden 13: Presentation News? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 18
Madden 13: Presentation News?

Outside of the brief Jim Nantz/Phil Simms intro and a few new side line/game intro shots (which im sure will become repetitive after 1 game), has there been any big news regarding Madden 13's presenation upgrades? Im still waiting on a true Halftime Show with full league highlights (with commentary), Booth Breaks (out of town scores and highlights during the game), camera improvements (a REAL broadcast look) and other things relative to a strong telecast quality presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 13: Presentation News?

This all might come out on June 4th at E3 with Connected Careers. We know that Trey Wingo is in the game. Trey Wingo presence might be tied into franchise games with an end of the game studio update, but who knows until June 4th.

Based on the info that is out there, I don't think there is a half time show and not positive on another camera in the game.

There is crowd swells in the game that you didn't mention, which brings to life a NFL type game.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

From what they said don't expect a full blown halftime show. A weekly recap show is still a possibility and would be better anyhow and game breaks happening during the game is another unconfirmed possibility.

Even in real life halftime shows are really really really rushed and not all that great.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Most of the presentation news is already available. You can find it via the presentation + audio playbooks. There are still a few nuggets to come that may see fit to put under the presentation umbrella, but for the most part, what you see is what you get (to my knowledge anyway).
Old 05-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

With all the emphasis on presentation you would think that they would add a halftime show, postgame show, and a weekly recap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
With all the emphasis on presentation you would think that they would add a halftime show, postgame show, and a weekly recap.
Wouldn't a halftime show, post game show, and weekly recap be kind of repetitive? The bulk of the presentation should be stuff going on during the game you are playing.
A show , if done right, would be a great way of giving you information without you having to dig through menus to find it yourself. Instead of being a presentation thing it should be more of an information thing, although I doubt any show and any amount of shows is going to tell me enough to keep me from digging through the menus anyhow. Less digging is a good thing though.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Wouldn't a halftime show, post game show, and weekly recap be kind of repetitive? The bulk of the presentation should be stuff going on during the game you are playing.
A show , if done right, would be a great way of giving you information without you having to dig through menus to find it yourself. Instead of being a presentation thing it should be more of an information thing, although I doubt any show and any amount of shows is going to tell me enough to keep me from digging through the menus anyhow. Less digging is a good thing though.
I dont think it would get repetitive because if done right..each half time show would go over the scores around the league, show in-game replays of the big plays from the first half, give input on which each team needs to do in the second half to win, updates on player injuries/performances,etc...that wont get repetitive because its real-time information that is unique each game i.e. scores around the league, replays/commentary of the big plays in the first half and input on what needs to be done by each team in the second half.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Even in real life halftime shows are really really really rushed and not all that great.
You didn't have to add that to justify why Madden chose not to include a half-time show. In "Real-life" Half-time shows are INCREDIBLE to me. NFL 2K5 and NBA 2K-- always have had incredible halftime shows...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »