Home

Easiest/Hardest to use players

This is a discussion on Easiest/Hardest to use players within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
Rookie

weagle's Arena

OVR: 2
Easiest/Hardest to use players

In my franchise modes, I'm always looking for new players. Even though some players have similar ratings, I've found that they can play very differently (batting stance, delivery, etc.). Everyone just list some players they've had success and failures with. For me:

Hitters: Longoria and Pedroia have by far been my favorite players to use. Both are good all around players and it's easy to get the bat on the ball with them. On the other hand, I hit below .200 with Kendrys Morales and had to trade him because I was so ineffective with him.

Pitchers: Outside of the obvious aces (Verlander, Halladay, Price), my favorite pitcher is Shaun Marcum. His circle change is probably the most unhittable pitch I've seen in the game.

What about everyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Easiest/Hardest to use players

I've only been playing with the Braves, so I can't speak for any struggles with players outside of Atlanta, but right now I'm struggling with a couple of guys in particular, one of whom is quite surprising.

During spring training, McCann just couldn't miss. I think he wound up with 13 homers during that month, which left me thinking that I might end up hitting 50 with him during the season. At this rate, I'll be lucky to get him to 15. I'm approaching the end of May, and he's only hit two homers. He's hovering around .275, which I can deal with, but now his power ratings have taken a hit as a result of this homer drought.

Mike Minor is also getting his brains knocked out every start, which makes him look even worse when compared to Hudson, Hanson, Beachy and Delgado, all of whom have ERAs in the 2.00-3.25 range. Off the top of my head, Minor is like 1-5 with an ERA approaching 6.00. I'd like to call Jurrjens back up to take his spot, but I'm trying to keep my roster as true to life as possible.

Kimbrel, on the other hand, has yet to give up an earned run, Bourn and Prado keep hovering around .330-.340, and Pastornicky, who just came off of the 15 day DL, is keeping his average above .300 as well.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Feliz.

I'm so nasty with him that now when I use another pitcher I get thrown off my game and find it tough adjusting. I've thrown a zillion CG shutouts with him, countless one hitters and even a few no-no's and perfect games.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
Rookie

hllback23's Arena

OVR: 1

It weird how with some players hitting is easy, even when they are not superstars. Victor Martinez for example went on a tear in my franchise in 12 games: .425 7HR and 21RBIs. It just happens this way sometimes. Also started a franchise with Marlins and I am just having problems hitting with Ramirez
Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
Rookie

In 2k11 I had a hard time hitting with Neil Walker and Michael Young.

In 2k12 I've been running a franchise with the Mets, and had a hard time with Daniel Murphy. Ended up trading him for Jason Kipnis which has been much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I smash with Longoria and Justin Upton. As far as pitchers go, I love me some Aroldis Chapman. When I'm pitching with him, he is basically unhittable.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
Rookie

ThatZachGuy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodaPopinski
Feliz.

I'm so nasty with him that now when I use another pitcher I get thrown off my game and find it tough adjusting. I've thrown a zillion CG shutouts with him, countless one hitters and even a few no-no's and perfect games.
I guess it's easy to throw numerous CG shutouts, no-no's, and perfect games when you probably play on the easiest level. Why not try to actually challenge yourself?
Old 05-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #8
Rookie

Pablo Sandoval from the Giants. He's a hitting machine for me. Batting over .500.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »