Home

Putting in the Time

This is a discussion on Putting in the Time within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Putting in the Time

Just curious. How often and usually how long do you guys play The Show?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Putting in the Time

All year, usually. One game per day on average, with an average game time of 1:15.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Usually all year long. I try and play a game a day, but recently work was been taking up ALL of my time. Its been 4 days since my last game. Going to the Mariners-Rockies game today and then will play The Show tonight. I have a feeling the results won't be pretty, lol.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Rookie

Like the two posters above. I play the game throughout the year, but I generally take a bit of break during college football season to play NCAA for a while.

I find that, unlike other games that I can put down for a while and come back to with relatively little diminution of skills, with MLB The Show I need to be playing on a regular basis or my ability to read and time pitches really suffers. So, once I start playing The Show, I generally don't play anything else for a while.

I try to play at least one game per night...sometimes two, at just over an hour per game (like H&V mentions above). Anyway, it's generally after the wife and I have already watched some television together, and she's gone to bed. For the first game, I tend to do okay, but when I force that second game, I find that I'm getting tired, my reactions aren't quite as good, and I'm not nearly patient enough at the plate. There have been times when I've lost both those games, and refuse to go to bed like that and play a third game just to go to bed with a win...that doesn't work out too well either, and by that time it's usually late enough that my work suffers the next day.

Last edited by chrishthomas; 05-20-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Every day, 2-4 gms per day until sept/oct. Will play less when football comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

8 hours a day minimum
Old 05-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 24

I play nearly every day. On days off I will play about 3-4 games, and on other days I will play about 1-2, usually 1 before my work shift starts, and 1 after.

That probably sounds like a lot, but I literally don't play any other video games, so it's not like I dedicate time to other games also. I'm not really much of a video gamer, I'm just a baseball fan (read: addict). If I'm at home, and a real baseball game isn't on, a virtual one is.

The last time I played a video game other than The Show? God of War 1, about 5 weeks ago.

I will probably pop GoW in soon enough though, since I was only a few hours away from beating the game before I ran off into baseball lockdown mode.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
Rookie

I usually don't play during the week as I work 12 hour days. I usually get my games in during the weekends. I'm playing a Franchise now as the ChiSox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »