Home

OS Arbitration Panel Project 2012

This is a discussion on OS Arbitration Panel Project 2012 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
OS Arbitration Panel Project 2012

I'd like to thank pokerplayer for taking this concept and making it a reality.

OS ARBITRATION PANEL 2012 -- GROUND RULES, REGULATIONS AND GUIDE

INTRO

Welcome to the OS Arbitration Panel 2012, for MLB 12 - The Show.

I took a little bit of initiative after a thread started by PistolPete, in the effort to keep this project from getting buried in the forums, or for being locked for "being just like the Trade Discussion thread." Well, I think we've so far accomplished both goals, and on behalf of the great start by Pete, I'm here to provide some "ground rules", basic regulations, and a guide to what this project is, how you can become involved, and what we hope to accomplish as a group.

MISSION AND GOALS OF THE THREAD AND PROJECT

We didn't sit down and talk and think this up, so I'm basically just winging this. We're a group of like-minded sim players who are looking to trade with the CPU fairly, as CPU trade logic is one of the only things in this game that is not platinum perfect. How do we accomplish this?

Users here at Operation Sports will be taking the "role" of representatives from the teams they franchise with, de facto General Mangers of those squads if you will. What these representatives do is give YOU, the fellow OS'er who just stumbled upon us, the ability to negotiate trades WITH A HUMAN who controls the team you are looking to trade with in MLB - The Show.

I have designed a template for "team-to-team" communications, but here's a quick example.

You are franchising with your squad (doesn't matter) -- and you are looking to pursue a trade with the Detroit Tigers. You address a very basic template to the Detroit Tigers Representatives in our thread, stating what you are looking to accomplish in trade with that organization. We'll just say for example that you are the Philadelphia Phillies, and you want to make this suggested trade with Detroit. Let's say you're willing to offer a package including Cliff Lee. You address our template (again, I made it very simple) to the Detroit Tigers (me, in this example...) and we can then start a dialogue as to what would be fair. HOW DOES THIS BENEFIT YOU? It's simple. I don't just represent the Tigers in this thread, your representatives FRANCHISE with these teams. So, you are asking a Tigers franchiser, OK -- I'd have to give you Cliff Lee and what other monstrosities in order to peel Miggy Cabrera from your claws.

At which point we'd either have a very quick, or a very long discussion on how Miggy probably wouldn't go anywhere.

Anyway, to summarize -- this is intended to be a gold mine of info on who actual humans who franchise with the teams you are trying to trade with would think of your trades. Which should lead you to a final product of always making sim trades in your The Show franchise, which I know as a sickly realism nut -- is one of the most sickening feelings when you think you've raped the CPU. Now, you've made a fair trade in the eyes of a human that would have to play with your trade if they made it, but hey -- they would do it if they did!

I hope that sums it up -- here are some basic guidelines and a VERY few rules in order to be as informative as we can, follow OS rules, and have FUN with ZERO drama.

OS ARBITRATION PANEL 2012 - RULES/GUIDELINES

1. ALL OS Rules must be complied with all times, not that this doesn't go without saying.

2. There is NO difference between GM's, Assistant GM's, and Representatives. No one is making ACTUAL decisions for squads, we are here for discussions on better sim experiences with a set system. Since it is all discussion, no one outranks anyone. Titles were set strictly by order of sign up.

3. We ask that you PLEASE use the simple template I provide for Team-to-Team communications so the thread does not become a jumbled mess.

4. Also, we ask that you refrain from pointless off-topic chatter or other game discussion so the thread can serve its true purpose. It will be a little crazy at least until all teams have representatives, but we're all trying to have fun here and it will be much more fun if everything here is on-topic and on the purpose of the project.

5. EVEN if you disagree with a representatives assessment, NO ONE is to be disrespectful or abusive to any other OS member. This is here for FUN, and remember -- these representatives also play their franchises with the teams they are representing. We DO ask our representatives to try to be as non-biased as possible in terms of talent so everyone gets a true barometer. You shouldn't run into an area where you are getting a bad recommendation because a midrange player just happens to be a guys favorite and he "squeezes" you for far more than he is worth.

6. We HOPE people new to the project will assume franchises that are not taken, but we will not turn away multiple representatives to the same franchise. Just hopeful that it is not hard to get representation for every team and that we all work together.

7. JUST HAVE FUN. There should be no drama here as it should never deviate from a bunch of players looking for the most sim experience possible and all trying to help each other. Be respectful, explain your actions as a representative, and everyone just do their best to help everyone enjoy this great game we have a little more.

------------

OS ARBITRATION PANEL 2012 -- TEMPLATE BELOW

All you have to do is bold the following lines, using B and /B surrounded by [] or using the editor. This will make your communications to representatives much easier and enable us all to use the thread without excess clutter or people not knowing what is addressed to whom. THANK YOU for helping us stay on purpose!

..start cut n paste..

TO: (Organization Name) Representatives!

RE: Negotiations involving (Player) or (Players)

BODY:

Please explain any factors specific to your franchise situation in the body. Are you trading KC and they are out of it, but you are making a huge push? Let your representative have as much information as possible. Representatives, please try to stay on the template when replying to make it easy on those who will use our project. THE BODY also will allow you to negotiate trades months and possibly even years into franchises, but please don't hold it against the representative if they don't have enough information because of differences to give you an ideal sim-experience.

.. end cut-n-paste ..

It should be stated -- these communications are to be IN THREAD. Since this is for franchise play, your communications do not need to remain secret, and the discussion alone may just make the day of someone who has never even posted, but just had their experience greatly enhanced because of your post. Thanks!
--------------

That's it, really. If you're here, you just want challenging trade logic with the CPU, or hell -- you'd prefer even halfway realistic. Everyone here should be looking for sim trading experiences and to help themselves AND others. Let's have fun, and keep this a drama free area.

Current Team Representatives - OS Arbitration Panel 2012 (updated 6/03/12, 7:00 AM EST)

Arizona Diamondbacks - PowerOfRed25, General Manager
Atlanta Braves - Helios12787, General Manager -- jknott10, Assistant GM
Baltimore Orioles - TrooperShorty51, General Manager
Boston Red Sox - TNKNGM, General Manager -- Bard, Assistant GM
Chicago Cubs - DerelictOjama, General Manager -- Authentic, Assistant GM
Chicago White Sox - DPauley23, General Manager
Cincinnati Reds - HustlinOwl, General Manager
Cleveland Indians - CavsFan4Life2, General Manager
Colorado Rockies - GoldDawg125, General Manager
Detroit Tigers - Pokerplaya, General Manager -- JHendricks316, Assistant GM
Houston Astros - NoFatGirlz4Me37, General Manager
Kansas City Royals - HechticSooner, General Manager
Los Angeles Angels - Angels027, General Manager -- XboxxerX, Assistant GM
Los Angeles Dodgers - Pimpinpidgeon8, General Manager, Dodgers31296, Assistant GM
Miami Marlins - Nascarfreak24NY, General Manager
Milwaukee Brewers - ILiveForThis, General Manager
Minnesota Twins - MattGarza13, General Manager
New York Mets - FunkDockta27, General Manager -- ALBIDNIS, Assistant GM
New York Yankees - NYYankees42, General Manager
Oakland Athletics - Simicager, General Manager
Philadelphia Phillies - BWoodring9, General Manager
Pittsburgh Pirates - QB, General Manager (OS Moderator) -- TheKT, Assistant GM
San Diego Padres - Bugle987, General Manager
San Francisco Giants - IamthePro, General Manager
Seattle Mariners - RunningTheNight, General Manager
St. Louis Cardinals - Baseballcarddude, General Manager
Tampa Rays - msuboy11, General Manager
Texas Rangers - Scott, General Manager
Toronto Blue Jays - wPA, General Manager -- ACMilan1999, Assistant GM
Washington Nationals - Richard.Chaffin, General Manager

*** We'd like to give a special thanks to QB for helping us out in his capacity as a OS moderator, along with all other Operation Sports Personnel for the latitude to pursue this project!

Thanks again to ALL interested or involved with this project! -pp-

*** We'd like to give a special thanks to QB for helping us out in his capacity as a OS moderator, along with all other Operation Sports Personnel for the latitude to pursue this project!

Last edited by pistolpete; 06-07-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: A trade acceptance/rejection thread idea

I'm really sorry but I fail to see how this is different from the official trade thread... can you explain the difference again?
Old 05-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Banned

Ninjas N Grits's Arena

OVR: 3
What he's saying is that instead of just going off of our personal knowledge of the game and our teams, he wants to actually put the trade in on his game, and tell u if they accept or counter or what.

****Everybody knows Jackie Robinson was #42****
Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I think he's saying that we would represent the ambassador or GM of our own respective teams.

For example: I want Greinke in my Yankees Franchise.

So I'll simply give Pistol my Franchise details, and only HIM as the Brewers GM (or only HIM AND other OS'ers playing as the Brewers), would have the power to approve/reject/restructure the deal.

Like fantasy baseball, but for GM's.

I love the idea, myself. Very clever.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24

I hardly care about trades, personally, but this is a nifty idea. You're taking out the third party bias towards superstars, and allowing someone to answer that is using the other team, by simply having them consider whether they would accept the trade in their own game.
It is interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

i like the idea quite honestly, i would imagine for each transaction, you would have a reason behind to clarify the action correct? for example, say ur the mets...you wanna trade bay for nunez on the yanks (just a example), now this isnt a fair trade but it you say u wanna do it for money dump reasons then it would make alittle more sense correct?

overall i like the idea
Old 05-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Yeah, I'm on board with this idea. I think it'd be pretty useful.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
MVP

jknott10's Arena

OVR: 17
I see everybody explaining what he's trying to say, but overall I'm not sure I exactly know what the difference is here between this and the official trade discussion thread. Sorry for my confusion. I play with the braves and would like to trade bourn (if this would help to make an example) lol
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »