Home

NHL 13's Press release has just Gave Away Madden 13's June 4th secrets...

This is a discussion on NHL 13's Press release has just Gave Away Madden 13's June 4th secrets... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
NHL 13's Press release has just Gave Away Madden 13's June 4th secrets...

Quote:
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) announced today the key features for EA SPORTSTM NHL®13, promising the biggest change to the franchise since the introduction of the Skill Stick in NHL® 07. Headlined by all-new True Performance Skating, and supported by an innovative new A.I. system dubbed EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q., NHL 13 will deliver a revamped gameplay experience that accurately captures the speed, creativity and strategy of NHL hockey. In addition, NHL 13 will also deliver new experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and the real world of hockey with the all-new GM Connected and NHL Moments Live modes. NHL 13 will be available on September 11, 2012 in North America and September 14, 2012 in Europe.

“The NHL team has been a leader when it comes to innovation in the sports videogame category on this console generation by redefining player control with the introduction of the Skill Stick, creating connected experiences such as the EA SPORTS Hockey League and introducing real world physics to the team sports category,” says Dean Richards, General Manager, NHL, EA SPORTS. “With our feature set in NHL 13, hockey fans and sports gamers have a lot to be excited about as we are again going to deliver major innovations that will change the way you play the game.”

NHL 13 delivers an innovative new gameplay experience, accurately capturing the speed, creativity and strategy of today’s NHL through:
True Performance Skating – A game-changing innovation for the franchise that adds physics-driven skating and over 1000 new animations. True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum and top end speed displayed by today’s NHL players. True Performance Skating combined with the Skill Stick, finally gives gamers access to the entire toolset of an NHL player, delivering unprecedented control and unlocking a level of creativity never before possible in a hockey videogame.
EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. – An innovative new A.I. system that governs the behaviors of players, goalies and team systems. In previous NHL games, players were only aware of skaters in their immediate proximity and goalies could only react to the player in control of the puck. With EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q., all players are now fully aware of every other player on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey IQ also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever for the franchise.
NHL 13 will deliver new experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and to NHL hockey with:
GM Connected – The ultimate fantasy league with friends. GM Connected takes the franchise’s most popular offline mode, Be a GM, and allows you to play with and against your friends in your own 30-team NHL. Whether you are a hardcore sports gamer or a hockey fan that moonlights as an armchair general manager, the mode offers unrivaled accessibility and depth by allowing players to manage, play or coach on the road to building your team’s legacy. GM’s can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they never miss a single moment.*

NHL Moments Live – Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today’s NHL. NHL 13 evolves the concept introduced by other sports games, introducing each scenario with real-world NHL footage to bring players closer to the intensity of the moment. Moments from the 2011-12 NHL season will ship on disc and new moments from the 2012-13 NHL season will be added as and when available throughout the season.
Fans of the franchise can expect several other improvements and innovations in NHL 13, such as:
Team-First Presentation, which customizes your NHL 13 experience based on your favorite NHL team
The addition of Customizable EA SPORTS Hockey IQ allowing players to create and record their own player and team strategies to a level never before seen in the franchise.
Improvements to core offline and online modes, including Hockey Ultimate Team, Be a Pro, EA SPORTS Hockey League, a refined on-ice presentation, and more.
http://www.operationsports.com/news/...play-the-game/

EA is known to cross develop features is all the sports games and rename them for each game. For what we know about Madden 13's June 4th announcement, Real time Physics and Connected Careers are just called something different in NHL.

Last edited by Mr.Scarface; 05-18-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 13's Press release has just Gave Away Madden 13's June 4th secrets...

Agreed
Physics implementation + totally functional online franchise (hopefully online feature for offline franchises too) are the 2 big announcements.

I'd say it would be an upset if this wasn't the case.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

hmmmm, na I'm still hoping for new Engine , but you may be right. I just live in a fairy tale world.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

I actually started a thread about this as well. As far as physics go I agree that I think that will be the big Madden announcement as well. HOWEVER, I believe it will strictly be for tackling and collisions in Madden since it is the first year implemented. NHL started with Real time physics 2 years ago and it just began with collisions. If the Madden team could get it into player movement as well that would just be UNBELIEVABLE!!

Mods, can you merge our two threads.

Thanks!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum and top end speed displayed by today’s NHL players. True Performance Skating combined with the Skill Stick, finally gives gamers access to the entire toolset of an NHL player, delivering unprecedented control and unlocking a level of creativity never before possible in a hockey videogame.
Momentum is sorely lacking, hope this can finally fix this issue. A tad worried though as FIFA claims to give you total control, and they lack any sort of realistic momentum and inertia. You can take a player and spin around and move on a dime in an unrealistic manner.

This is interesting though. The connected career sounds cool as well as long as they have added more features to the franchise mode. Being able to manage/coach is cool as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Offline Franchise > Online Anything
Old 05-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

This means nothing in regards to Madden....
Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
This means nothing in regards to Madden....
I would say as far as connected careers go this is almost identical to what you are going to see in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »