Home

Tips on scoring?

This is a discussion on Tips on scoring? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
Rookie

NoPropsNeeded's Arena

OVR: 1
Tips on scoring?

So I've started a Be A GM mode playing on Superstar difficulty and currently my record is 2-2-2 and I need some tips on how to score more goals. 5 of the 6 games I've played ended up 1-0 and the other ended 2-1.

The way I'm primarily trying to get my offense is through one-timers or slapshots from the blueline. The problem isn't getting enough shots on goal I'm getting 20+ shots per game, the goalie seems to be one step ahead of me no matter what I do.

I'm fairly new to NHL games and NHL in general so any tip would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Tips on scoring?

i suggest listening to the coaching adjustments after periods
and always use : contain puck or protect the net and Tight point or Collapsing and standard or aggressive and 2-1-2 high or 1-2-2 low =O
Old 05-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackXEyes
i suggest listening to the coaching adjustments after periods
and always use : contain puck or protect the net and Tight point or Collapsing and standard or aggressive and 2-1-2 high or 1-2-2 low =O
I'm not a big hockey guy, just got into it this year after a trip to Vancouver, but what does it mean about getting in the "dirty areas." I get this constantly and don't know how to correct it.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

okay if your in there zone you get in to the slot and wideopen net
check people grind and cycle the puck look for guy open in the slot
or deflections or screens and draw penalty or fight
Old 05-22-2012, 04:10 AM   #5
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPropsNeeded
So I've started a Be A GM mode playing on Superstar difficulty and currently my record is 2-2-2 and I need some tips on how to score more goals. 5 of the 6 games I've played ended up 1-0 and the other ended 2-1.

The way I'm primarily trying to get my offense is through one-timers or slapshots from the blueline. The problem isn't getting enough shots on goal I'm getting 20+ shots per game, the goalie seems to be one step ahead of me no matter what I do.

I'm fairly new to NHL games and NHL in general so any tip would be appreciated.
Two words; deflections and screening.

If you take a lot of shots from the blue line, but the goalie has a clear view of it, he's gonna save 99% of the time.

However if you cycle the puck and wait until one of your forwards are screening the goalie or getting in position for a deflection, the I'd say it's more like a 50/50.

Note here, the forwards are more frequently going to deflect a wrist shot, or low slap shots so if you have a forward in front of the net aim for him and just let go a quick wrister.
However, if that forward in front of the net is being tied up by one of the defenders, he'll have a hard time to deflect. Then maybe take a hard slapper and aim for the corner where you think the goalie will have a hard time seeing it (the goalie can't see through players).

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

That's spot on. Get the goalie moving from side to side or through a screen. It's very realistic.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #7
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

check your coaching tab and at the bottom is reports or something like that. it will tell you if you are hot or cold. when you are hot every shot seems to be on net. when cold, you will miss shots horribly that you would have made before.

when you are cold, change your tactics up a bit or mix up your line and you may get out of the slump.

also, try and learn what you can and cannot do with certain guys. i tried different lines and different guys to get the right mix. i have a Def who is only a 75 but he plays better than the two guys who were rated 81 each. so i traded one away for cap space and a younger guy who worked out.

be patient. do not get into up and down games. your guys will tire and you will eventually give up lots of breakaway opportunities and goals.

choose a offensive tactic for a few games and master it. try overload first. it is the easiest i think to master. crash the net can be tough at times, because sometimes you settings cause the forwards to retreat on defense too quickly. when you get the settings right, it can be magic though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »