Home

How is your Franchise Rebuild going?

This is a discussion on How is your Franchise Rebuild going? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Rookie

FreshAppleJews's Arena

OVR: 1
How is your Franchise Rebuild going?

So, I decided that rebuilding a franchise would be a lot more fun than playing with my Marlins. Mostly because the marlins don't really have any major upgrades to establish and they are just such a balanced team that it would be too easy to win. I decided to rebuild the Astros! Mostly because they suck and they literally have nobody to work with... My current record is 39-35 simulating all games besides Wandy Rodriguez and Bud Norris. My current lineup is:
1. CF Cameron Maybin
2. 2B Jose Altuve
3. LF J.D Martinez
4. 1B Chris Carter
5. SS Pedro Florimon Jr.
6. C Chris Snyder
7. RF Jordan Botker
8. 3B Jimmy Paredes
9. Pitcher

As you can see Carlos Lee and prospect Jordan Schaefer are gone! The reason is, is that I couldn't hit worth a crap with Jordan and in order to get Maybin I had to give away Carlos. Jordan had a .169 average with me so I just had to get rid of him. For Chris Carter I traded away a starting pitcher(can't remember his name) and a couple of relievers from AAA and AA for him and Tom Milone(very good LHP prospect, 5 star caliber). Also, I traded away closer Brett Myers just because I'm more of a fastball pitcher and his 12-6 just wasn't cutting it. He led the league in saves but every time I pitched with him I always blew it. So, I replaced him with Wilton Lopez and then drafted the #1 closer in the draft who is 18. Also traded Brandon Lyon away for Steve Cishek and Jose Ceda. I feel in this game that there are some players I pitch very well with and others that I completely suck with. So most of these moves are based on personal preference and how I play with the player then rather by ratings... So far I will be keeping Wandy unless I run into a reasonable offer, considering this is the last year on his contract.
Pitching rotation:
1. Wandy Rodriguez
2. Bud Norris
3. Tom Milone
4. Jordan Lyles
5. J.A Happ
Closer: Wilton Lopez
Setup: Juan Abreu
Relievers: Steve Cishek, Jose Ceda, and Rhiner Cruz.
The relievers are the ones I always use when I play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 04:41 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: How is your Franchise Rebuild going?

I recently restarted my Padres franchise and I only play hitting and super sim the pitching.

I made some pretty big trades.

The one I'm not completely sure on is who I wanna trade Core Luebke for.

Luebke is 86 overall, 5* and only 26 years old. I put him on the trade finder and got a few intriguing offers.

I can land Trout, Lawrie, Bumgarner and Pineda. Snagging Bumgarner could be really good but I don't really want another pitcher since i'm looking to deal him away. Think I might go for Trout.

Any ideas on some players you think I could land for players like Carlos Quentin, Chase Headley, Luke Gregorson etc?
Old 05-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
Rookie

FreshAppleJews's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andonly
I recently restarted my Padres franchise and I only play hitting and super sim the pitching.

I made some pretty big trades.

The one I'm not completely sure on is who I wanna trade Core Luebke for.

Luebke is 86 overall, 5* and only 26 years old. I put him on the trade finder and got a few intriguing offers.

I can land Trout, Lawrie, Bumgarner and Pineda. Snagging Bumgarner could be really good but I don't really want another pitcher since i'm looking to deal him away. Think I might go for Trout.

Any ideas on some players you think I could land for players like Carlos Quentin, Chase Headley, Luke Gregorson etc?
Since they are in need of some power I suggest trading for Mark Trumbo instead of Trout, that way you could also pick up a mediocre pitcher to replace Luebke. Also, look around for trades for guys like Anibal Sanchez, Jose Alutve, or even J.D. Martinez. They have all been great prospects that have worked out for me. I don't know too much about the Padres, but what I know is that they are lacking offense. Try to also bolster the bullpen a little more to give you some relief in later innings. I suggest you draft a lefty pitcher in May, and also get a closer since you lost Heath Bell.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #4
Rookie

romeosdistress's Arena

i just started my cubs rebuild. havent made any trades yet. soriano, dempster, and marmol will be first to go.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 4

So, I have played about 60 games in my Padres franchise and I had edited some injuries. When those injured players come off the DL the game crashes.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
Rookie

ShadyWolverine's Arena

OVR: 0

Just started a franchise with KC. Thought it would be fun to take all the young talent they have and try to develop them into a champion. I'm strapped for cash and in desperate need for pitching so thats a problem I need to address. My hitting is fine with Alex Gordon and Eric Hosmer being my centerpieces
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #7
Rookie

FreshAppleJews's Arena

So, I noticed I was getting bored of the Astro's so I changed teams and now started a chise with the Cubs.. It has been so much fun! I traded the AAA shortstop 5 star prospect and a rookie reliever to the Marlins for Anibal Sanchez and Matt Dominguez. So far Anibal has a 3.12 era and in the top 5 with strikeouts. I sent DeWitt to the minors and decided to start Matt Dominguez. He is a horrible hitter batting .220 but his fielding is awesome. Matt Garza is on his way to win the cy young. Right after the draft we were sitting at a comfortable 43-29 and a half game back from the Brewers. Then, I realized that this is a rebuild and I should get some prospects out of my aging players. I traded Alfonso and 27 yr old pitcher(forgot his name, and he was of no use) to the Marlins for Logan Morrison. Also, traded Soto and Dempster to the Yanks for Nova and Chamberlin ( no idea why they offered me that...). My most recent trade was sending DeJesus and Reed Johnson to the Giants for Trumbo ( it was kind of unrealistic since the Giants traded for him). Nova was scheduled to pitch the next game but he just finished a game with the Yanks before the trade so I will call up Brad Hand (acquired from the marlins in a previous trade) to start in replace of him, the game is against the Mets. My only .300 hitter is Castro. Campana is putting up a really impressive season batting .280 and leading the league in steals. LoMo leads in RBI's(47) and LaHair is top ten in Home runs(12). This most likely will be the team of the future and will not sign or trade any more players.
Lineup:
1. Tony Campana CF
2. Starlin Castro SS
3. Brian LaHair 1B
4. Logan Morrison LF
5. Mark Trumbo RF
6. Darwin Barney 2B
7. Matt Dominguez 3B
8. Matt Clevenger C (I think that's his name)
9. Pitcher

Pitching Rotation:
1. Matt Garza
2. Anibal Sanchez
3. Ivan Nova
4. Jeff Samarjza
5. Chris Volstad

CL: Carlos Marmol
SU: Rafael Dolis
MHR: Joba Chamberlain
Old 05-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
Rookie

romeosdistress's Arena

which sliders are you using?

my lineup is

rf david dejesus
2b darwin barney
cf carlos gonzalez
1b bryan lahair
lf allen craig
3b ian stewart
c welington castillo
ss alex gonzalez

matt garza
roy oswalt
ubaldo jiminez
travis wood
jeff samardzija

setup kerry wood
closer hendry rodriguez

i am 5-11 right now, playing on pro. guess im just not very good at this game. garza struggled last game give up 8 to reds, jay bruce with 2 hrs and 6 rbis. draft will come eventually and ill improve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »