Home

Poll: Most K's in a Game (Individual Performance)

This is a discussion on Poll: Most K's in a Game (Individual Performance) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: What's your Highest Individual Strikeout Performance?
6- 2 1.71%
7 1 0.85%
8 3 2.56%
9 5 4.27%
10 5 4.27%
11 18 15.38%
12 20 17.09%
13 6 5.13%
14 26 22.22%
15 7 5.98%
16 6 5.13%
17 6 5.13%
18 3 2.56%
19 3 2.56%
20 1 0.85%
21+ 5 4.27%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Poll: Most K's in a Game (Individual Performance)

Nothing is sweeter to me in video game baseball than making the CPU look the fool on a strikeout. The pop of the glove, the desperation on Billy Butler's face as he chews the homeplate umpire's ear off after a taken third strike, and the bravado to my pitcher's swagger as the ball gets hurled around the horn. To me, moments like this are why I stay up way too late and stumble to work on five and a half hours sleep everyday. This year, the refinements made to CPU plate discipline are hands down my favorite improvement. Though some refinements would be welcomed by me moving forward with open arms, I have very few complaints about the varied results I'm seeing regarding this topic in 12. Utlimately, the reason my favorite The Show accomplishment is the gargantuan strikeout performance is simple: Because this game is hard!

Prior to last night, my highest in the history of this series has been 10 K with one pitcher in a single game. I did that twice last year with Tim Lincecum and once this year with CC Sabathia (though I've accomplished 9 K multiple times in this year's Franchise already). But yesterday, The Yankees' Ivan Nova (2-3 in 8 starts, averaging less than 5 K's per appearance) went bonkers, striking out 11 Kansas City Royals over 8 innings. I'm still smirking because of it...Yeah, I know it was The Royals! But still! Don't judge me...

The reason I find big games like this so rewarding this year is because of how difficult a feat like this can actually be. Time in and time out, Ivan Nova - who generally gets beat up with me - hits the bump, manages a barely serviceable 5.1 IP, strikeouts out 4, and hits the showers with the decision being left to the bullpen. But then there are special nights like these, where every pitch is exactly where he wants it, that function as a little pay-off - if you will - for time served being mildly terrible. And Nova definitely served his time; almost all the way back to AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

So how about you? What's your best? With whom and how did you get them (8 of them actually were of the 'caught looking' variety last night, which made it even cooler...and it doesn't matter how much you complain Billy Butler. Big blue cannot and will not change his mind!)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #2

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Poll: Most K's in a Game (Individual Performance)

The most all time I got was about 20(I never cheated either, this was back on N64 days). I believe it was with David Wells or Roger Clemens(whichever one was on Jays roster at the time).

I think the most on MLB 12 The Show was about 14 or so with my RTTS guy in the minors lol.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I also love a great strikeout and incredible pitching performance....and I am an offensive guy by heart. My best strikeout performance was by Chris Sale in my White Sox franchise. I was facing the Indians and had 13 K's(may have been 14, I will check when I get home and fix if needed). I think I had 8 through the first 3 innings and slowed a bit after that. I struck Hafner out 4 times in the game.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I'd have to back and double check, but I think I had 12 with Beachy.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
MVP

ILiveForThis's Arena

OVR: 13

With Pulse Pitching, 11 with Yovani Gallardo - My first game of 2012!

With Classic, 9 in my oh-so-infamous game with..... Michael Pineda.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I struck out 12 Cubs the other day w/ Homer Bailey and lost the game 3-2.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveForThis
With Pulse Pitching, 11 with Yovani Gallardo - My first game of 2012!

With Classic, 9 in my oh-so-infamous game with..... Michael Pineda.
I've had 9 with Pineda twice this year. I'd assume one for every earned run he gave up those games.

And one and a half for every walk...
Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Do CPU vs. CPU games count? I've been running them in on PS3 I as do my errands (the game's so good that it's hard to think that I'm selling the console!!!).

A couple games ago Hideo Nomo (rated to replicate his 95-96 seasons in simmed games) fanned 14 in a complete game shutout. I always use him to see how the game engine has changed. What's satisfying was that about half the Ks, he got off his off-speed junk (split and forkball), something I don't see that often in this game.

I think I've seen him and others (including Nolan Ryan in 10... I miss him) go that high in a game, but it of course doesn't happen often and it's a treat to watch, even in CPU vs. CPU setting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »