Home

please help! cant make trades!

This is a discussion on please help! cant make trades! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
please help! cant make trades!

in the 2nd yr of my franchise and i can not trade any players, when i offer a deal(even if it benefits the other team way more than mine) it says something along the lines of "one or both teams does not have enough healthy players to make this trade" i am stumped, please help, thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: please help! cant make trades!

Check the team you are trading with roster size.. Most teams roster will be 90/90. Meaning they can't take on any more players. So even if you offer a 1 for 3 being way in their favor it can't be excepted. When I'm offering 3 for 1's I'll just find a couple other players they don't mind giving up in the trade to make it a 3 for 3..

Hope that made some sense..
Old 05-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Don't think that is it because I will offer a cheap A prospect for some random F potential guy and the interest bar doesn't even move and say they are not interested. No matter what I offer it is a no go
Old 10-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Stafford2Johnson's Arena

OVR: 10

Having the EXACT same problem.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Can one of you guys post a link with your franchise file...?...I'll check it out.

Transfer the franchise file to flash drive.
Zip it using WinZip..
Host it on www.sendspace.com
and post the link here or in a PM and I'll see what I can see.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

My guess is you are using 30 team control with contracts set to manual. The cpu is not signing players to fill the roster.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

Just found the problem.

You need to add more players to your roster.

I was also getting the "healthy player" note in the Trade Feeback section. Even when I offer to trade a healthy SP for another healthy SP, I couldn't even get a "doesnt seem to fit" message.

Go to the "Personnel" top bar menu and select "Manage Roster". The bottom right corner of the screen has a player total. I signed like 20 free agents to get my player count to 90/90.

Devs, this needs to be fixed. Either change the Trade Feeback message to say "you are not qualified to make a trade because your roster size is too small" or get rid of it completely. I, for one, don't see a problem with having 1 player on my roster and trading him for another 1 player. At least it's not as frustrating as the old Madden games where you couldn't do anything until you signed one more ROLB even though you had 25 other LOLBs and MLBs
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #8
Just started!

Well this obviously wasn't fixed this year...

I am over-budget and under roster size so I think my franchise is toast. I can't make a 1 for 1 (or 1 for 3 for that matter) trade to dump salary and I can't sign free agents to get my roster size up.

P.S. When doing a fantasy draft make sure you draft a couple high-paid player in their last years or you won't have any budget room to work with. Year 3 and my budget is 82M despite 2 WS titles. Have not signed a single free agent and have no one above 5 years of service time... what a joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »