Home

NHL 13 Speculation

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Speculation within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Rookie

Keytosa's Arena

OVR: 2
NHL 13 Speculation

With EA receiving the "Worst Company of the Year" award, and exceeding expectations with the additions in NCAA 13, I expect NHL 13 to be a really good game. This thread is not meant to bash EA, but I'm sure most people agree that they do not have very good PR. Because of this, I think EA is finally starting to realize that enough is enough, and they will start putting out higher-quality games to please the consumers. I'm expecting great things from NHL 13. Just my two cents. Feel free to share your thoughts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 13 Speculation

Well, I expect that the Presentation will see significant improvements. That seems to be the trend with all the EA Sports right now. Hopefully BAGM as well
Old 05-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

We will see upgrades to HUT, because that's their money maker now.

I hope with all of my being that presentation gets an upgrade. More in-game overlays. More television style production.

I know they won't fix the skating engine, but players look like they're floating out there. They aren't all Joe Corvos
Old 05-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think presentation is fine the way it is. Maybe better goal celebrations but I would love to see all their time go into gameplay upgrades. Gameplay is what makes the game actually PLAYABLE
Old 05-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarz45
I think presentation is fine the way it is. Maybe better goal celebrations but I would love to see all their time go into gameplay upgrades. Gameplay is what makes the game actually PLAYABLE
The presentation is good, BUT if you go back and watch video from NHL 08 or even 07, you'll see it's largely the same. After so many years of that it's gotten stale and a serious upgrade would make the game feel alot fresher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

For some unknown reason they removed the celebration from 12. (I think it was the line handshake). As well as the 3 stars....

Let's hope they don't keep this trend going.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Matt_350z's Arena

OVR: 2

Honestly. I'm not expecting much. Rather, I am not expecting core elements being addressed that make the actual game play any better.

The NHL series just isn't the money maker that NCAA Football, Madden, and FIFA are. Coupled with the fact, they are probably sinking money and expierienced developers into revamping their basketball game. Not too mention, I would think they will get back into MLB. They will need to make a splash in that market as well.

I hate to not be optimistic in the least. I just honestly feel with the way things have gone this gen with their NHL game- not to expect much. We will get small tweaks. The time and effort will be spent on HUT and EASHL because thats where they make their money post sale.

I'm 34. I've probably owned every console hockey game ever made. Good or bad. I just see a trend with this series that I don't like. Even in NHL's down years, EA tried new things, and addressed core gameplay for the following year. Now it just seems the opposite. They know where their bread and butter is, so that gets the most attention. From a business standpoint, I understand entirely. From an NHL fan, and NHL gamer, it drives me crazy.

I have no interest in HUT with how its currently set up. EASHL is something I once enjoyed, until I realized it was just the same thing game in and game out, and very few teams you face play any semblance of real hockey(and I mean, really, why should they? You don't have to in order to dominate).
I like franchise modes(GM), and playoff modes. The core gameplay needs to be addressed in both those categories. I'm just not seeing EA waste the time and resources fixes those. Hopefully they do, but I am not holding my breath this year.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
Rookie

IrishGorilla64's Arena

OVR: 0

It looks like they are going all out for Madden and NCAA and I hope NHL is going to get the same treatment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »