Home

Offseason FA Bug?

This is a discussion on Offseason FA Bug? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Offseason FA Bug?

I did a few searches to see if I'm just missing something right in front of my face, but I haven't seen anything specifically addressing this. If I missed it, apologies.

I finished the 2012 season with the Giants and am in the 5-day window of offering contracts to those with renewable contracts, etc. When I select "make an offer" I am prompted with "the Giants have reached their maximum roster size and cannot sign anymore free agents." Huh?

I played past versions of the The Show and have always made it through multiple offseasons w/ no issues. Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Release some of the players whose contracts have expired and you dont plan on resigning. For some reason it still counts against your roster size.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Offseason FA Bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_Passat'n
Release some of the players whose contracts have expired and you dont plan on resigning. For some reason it still counts against your roster size.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, man.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Offseason FA Bug?

Yeah, this also happens as you get late into the offseason, and have signed all of the guys that qualify as free agents, so that technically all 90 players are under your control, you can no longer negotiate contracts with arbitration eligible and renewable players...you just have to wait and let them go through arbitration and renew the ones you can. A work around is to release somebody essentially worthless, then you can negotiate with who you need to, and resign the guy you released later (or somebody else, if it's a really marginal player, I guess). Kind of a bug. You should still be able to negotiate with those kinds of players up until the last minute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »