Home

Manual Injuries - & Getting the CPU to DL them

This is a discussion on Manual Injuries - & Getting the CPU to DL them within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
Manual Injuries - & Getting the CPU to DL them

Im struggling to find the way to get this to work.

I know how to manually injure guys, no problem, but only once did i get the CPU to DL them properly on its own (for the other 29 teams, not me, obviously).

Do i injure those i want to before anything, or after Spring Training ends, or on the first day of the regular season but before doing anything etc, when is the correct time to do it to make sure it works?

Also, settings, obviously to do it you change injuries to manual, do the injuries...then, do you leave them on manual for a few days before switching back to auto? Or injure guys, go back to auto straight away, i really dont know how i got the CPU to do it once, and i cant figure out the right combination again.

Without it the CPU doesnt DL guys so they count towards roster numbers when on the DL, obviously they wouldnt.

Essentially, what im asking is, what is the correct way to do manual injuries (single team control, not 30) and switch settings at the correct time/way to ensure the CPU then puts them on the DL?

I know it can happen as i did it once, i just cant remember how or recreate it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Manual Injuries - & Getting the CPU to DL them

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Im struggling to find the way to get this to work.

I know how to manually injure guys, no problem, but only once did i get the CPU to DL them properly on its own (for the other 29 teams, not me, obviously).

Do i injure those i want to before anything, or after Spring Training ends, or on the first day of the regular season but before doing anything etc, when is the correct time to do it to make sure it works?

Also, settings, obviously to do it you change injuries to manual, do the injuries...then, do you leave them on manual for a few days before switching back to auto? Or injure guys, go back to auto straight away, i really dont know how i got the CPU to do it once, and i cant figure out the right combination again.

Without it the CPU doesnt DL guys so they count towards roster numbers when on the DL, obviously they wouldnt.

Essentially, what im asking is, what is the correct way to do manual injuries (single team control, not 30) and switch settings at the correct time/way to ensure the CPU then puts them on the DL?

I know it can happen as i did it once, i just cant remember how or recreate it
I believe you do it the day before spring training ends. I manually put them on the DL.

You could change it to auto and back to manual to put more players out with injury. I leave it on manual and try to go by what happens in the ML, though I don't bother with injuries less than 2 to 4 weeks, or injuries to players on my team J/K

Sorry, I don't know how to get the CPU to put them on the DL, never tried to do that since I have no problem doing it myself.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24

If I had to guess, I'd say that the game just doesn't continuously check for this stuff, and it would take for that team to complete 1 day/complete a game for the injury to be "recognized," since the branch point for it to immediately respond to the injury is missed by you having injuries set on Manual.

So try injuring someone, setting it to auto, then simming a day or 2, just to see if that works. I'm totally guessing though, I've never really paid attention to see what the CPU does with its injured players when I injure them
Old 05-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
If I had to guess, I'd say that the game just doesn't continuously check for this stuff, and it would take for that team to complete 1 day/complete a game for the injury to be "recognized," since the branch point for it to immediately respond to the injury is missed by you having injuries set on Manual.

So try injuring someone, setting it to auto, then simming a day or 2, just to see if that works. I'm totally guessing though, I've never really paid attention to see what the CPU does with its injured players when I injure them
If you do one team control and manually injure the CPU controlled teams SEEM to have flawed logic re: assigning to DL...

They seem to be much more likely to do it, when the INJ is the "season ending" / surgery related kind, but they seem to be waaaay less likely if the injury is the 15 day DL kind...

I've seen them just keep guys active, even play them in those instances...

I THINK you have to err to the side of "over injure" guys to insure that it actually happens...

That's been my experience, anyway...
Old 05-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

Yep, its very random, sometimes it will do it, often it wont, i dont know what triggers it, who knows.

Ill just live with it.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
Rookie

GabeCava's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead

Yeah simming a couple of games or even a month doesn't cause them to DL even. Just as an experiment I injured the Yankees starting rotation all with head fractures, then simmed a few games without them sticking them on the DL. Played around with injury settings a bit and simmed a few more games, still nothing. Tried this out for up to a month of simming but same results. No manual injuries were on the DL but other guys injured throughout the month were.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

I messed around for ages with different combinations and finally found a workaround that gets the CPU to DL everyone they should, not just long term injuries.

Will post it on here later when i test it once more.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

where you able to figure it out?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »