Home

Out fielders and third basemen momentarily hesitating?

This is a discussion on Out fielders and third basemen momentarily hesitating? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Rookie

baprecure's Arena

OVR: 8
Out fielders and third basemen momentarily hesitating?

Has anyone experienced the outfielders or third baseman hesitating as soon as the opposing team hits the ball? Recently the third baseman or outfielders will react slowly once the ball has been hit in their direction..

Or maybe it's just the Mets....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Out fielders and third basemen momentarily hesitating?

Same here,but mainly the 3rd basemen. Several times its happened against the opposing team and Ičm thinking: Why didnčt he dive for that? Its like an infielder playing in the outfield,not knowing what to do.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
Banned

Plache's Arena

OVR: 1

Hopefully the slowdown and general stupidity of fielders gets fixed with a patch, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
Rookie

baprecure's Arena

And today I noticed that sometimes they won't auto-dive or jump.. Had a great chance to get a pop fly and the fielder decides he would rather run past the marker than slow down into the animation
Old 05-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Rookie

mjranieri's Arena

OVR: 0

havent noticed this myself but have noticed long delay in advancing runners from base to base that seems rather unrealistic when using the right trigger. Anyone experience this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Rookie

baprecure's Arena

I've had some moments where I tell the runner to round third but he will stop, wait a few seconds, then take off for home.. or they will round the base then take their precious time getting back to base
Old 05-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
Rookie

I've had problems with both the slowness of fielders and base runners. With my infielders it really only happens with my first basemen and my third basemen when the ball is hit down the line. As for out fielders, it is almost every time the ball is hit to them. That mostly only occurs when I'm playing online though.

As for the base runners, I have all of the above problems, and it annoys the **** out of me. I've gotten thrown out when moving into scoring position so many times. And I've been thrown out at home from the outfield due to the guy rounding third and then slowing down and taking his sweet *** time to get to the plate.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanzero89
I've had problems with both the slowness of fielders and base runners. With my infielders it really only happens with my first basemen and my third basemen when the ball is hit down the line. As for out fielders, it is almost every time the ball is hit to them. That mostly only occurs when I'm playing online though.

As for the base runners, I have all of the above problems, and it annoys the **** out of me. I've gotten thrown out when moving into scoring position so many times. And I've been thrown out at home from the outfield due to the guy rounding third and then slowing down and taking his sweet *** time to get to the plate.
How soon to you tell him to advance to home? I found if you wait until he's almost toward third he will slow down and stop, then go. You almost have to be just off of second base for the runner not to stop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »