Home

So, i had a no no going and.....

This is a discussion on So, i had a no no going and..... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
So, i had a no no going and.....

....2 outs in the 9th, I need one more strike with Verlander. I throw a fastball down and away to Mitch Moreland and a liner to Cabrera, he drops it, tries to recover and throws it to first.......safe. I couldn't believe it. That is now 2 times i have had a no hitter in MLB the Show and i lose it in the 9th with 2 outs. First time was last year when i picked up Ben Sheets in free agency and i gave up a homer with 2 outs in the 9th to Ortiz. And Now a line drive to Cabrera, he drops it and Moreland is safe. If i would have gotten that no hitter, i would have been felt so accomplished, because it was on Veteran and against the Rangers lineup.

9 IP, 1H, 0R, 0ER, 2BB, 12K
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Banned

SaluteYourShorts21's Arena

Re: So, i had a no no going and.....

If he dropped it, it's not counted as an error?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaluteYourShorts21
If he dropped it, it's not counted as an error?
I was thinking that as soon as it happened. I dont know if he dropped it or if it was a deflection off his glove, it was hit to fast to tell and i was to pissed to watch the replay.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
Banned

SaluteYourShorts21's Arena

It's frustrating but also something you'll never forget...I think it's more memorable to think and to tell others of how close you were than the actual feat with video games.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24

I was expecting to see the word "bunt" somewhere in the OP's post. I've had that happen though. It wasn't in the 9th, but it ended up being the only hit I gave up. It was an infield single between the pitcher and 1st base, and somehow I ran the pitcher right past the ball and by the time I turned around to get it it was an infield single.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaluteYourShorts21
It's frustrating but also something you'll never forget...I think it's more memorable to think and to tell others of how close you were than the actual feat with video games.
To your point, my only near miss was a perfect game that I took into the 9th on MVP 2003 with Jarrod Washburn. Not just the 9th, but a full count with 2 outs in the 9th. I didn't want to lose the perfect game on a walk, so I threw one in the zone, and Einar Diaz put a good stroke on it and lined it to right center, no chance at a play.

No reliever warmed up, so I figure I'll let Washburn finish it out, and he proceeds to not only lose the perfect game and no hitter, but lost the shutout as the lineup turned over and he gave up a two run home run. Almost lost the game, as I had managed to only score 3 runs, and Washburn allowed another batter to make it second before I was able to close out the game on a shot to the warning track.

Haven't taken a perfect game past 6 innings since then, and have only made into the 8th with a no-hitter intact. And, just to clarify, not only was that on MVP 2003, it happened in 2003--so let's say it made it a lasting impression.

Last edited by chrishthomas; 05-02-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
Rookie

OSUPoke2007's Arena

OVR: 2

I lost a perfect game in the 5th yesterday (not nearly as bad as the 9th). But I only allowed 2 dribbler singles and I had my backup 2B and 3B in the game since they played 12 innings the day before. I was planning on bringing in my superior defensive players in the 6th if I made it that far. Had they both been in the game, I'm pretty certain those hits would not have made it through. Who knows how the last 12 would have gone, but I like to think I was that close.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUPoke2007
I lost a perfect game in the 5th yesterday
I can't tell you how many perfect games I lost in the first two innings...

~syf

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »