Home

Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

This is a discussion on Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

Because I have fewer than 5 posts I can't post the youtube link to today's webcast but if you go to 32:12 of the webcast there is a kickoff. Pay close attention to the tackle particularly #54 on the Steelers. It looks like real time physics to me, there is even a little pile up that would have never happened before.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

Yeah just commented on this in the other thread. Seems clear as day to me - those two Bengals blockers get collected up by the low tackle and it doesn't happen how Madden has always done it - which is a like a bomb explosion. This time it looked like actual momentum physics.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Something as large as that would've:

A) Been included in both NCAA and Madden
B) Been announced as a big ticket item.

Things such as what you described do not require procedural physics.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #4
Nza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Something as large as that would've:

A) Been included in both NCAA and Madden
B) Been announced as a big ticket item.

Things such as what you described do not require procedural physics.
If it were a complete engine wide implementation, sure. I don't think there is any chance M13 scraps prerendered tackle animations for real time physics, but it seems in that video on that ST tackle there is definitely some sort of physics calculating going on with those around the tackle.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #5
MVP

Until it set in stone and I see multiple examples, I'm not going to get excited. If I'm not mistaken, EA fed us the physics based ( not real time) tackling a couple of years ago. I believe it was weight induced. I really don't see EA introducing real time physics until PS4/XBOX 720...
Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

No. I honestly didn't see the webcast but after watching the promos today, it definitely does not have RTP. My only gripe so far after watching everything today is that you can see the poor physics & animations still. You definitely just saw a good animation kick in.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #7
Nza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
No. I honestly didn't see the webcast but after watching the promos today, it definitely does not have RTP. My only gripe so far after watching everything today is that you can see the poor physics & animations still. You definitely just saw a good animation kick in.
I'd suggest watching it. Not hard - just skip to the time in the video. I agree the tackling engine is not RT based at all but look at how the two Bengals blockers in the path of the tackle react - one falls forward on the tackle and the guy behind him falls on the first Bengal. Definitely not something that was in M12, and it hasn't been talked about so far in the first gameplay showcase, so it's either so minor they won't mention it, or part of the gameplay 2 reveal.

Last edited by Nza; 04-26-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #8
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

That level of interaction as not been in Madden thus far. I think it's a good sign some sort of system is in place. Also one of the gang tackles on a pass place shows a nice gang tackle. Where the one defender doesn't slide off, but both remain on the offensive player until he is tackled.

Also doesn't have to be in NCAA. Pro-tak when it was first introduced was not in NCAA 10. Not getting my hopes up, but you can't ignore the obvious footage.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »