Home

New to the Show, need some pointers to get started :)

This is a discussion on New to the Show, need some pointers to get started :) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
New to the Show, need some pointers to get started :)

Hey alll,

I love baseball but I'm new to MLB The Show. I've tried to play at all star level with TNK sliders, but I'm not good enough to enjoy the game at that difficulty. I get around 8 hits a game, but only a couple or runs whereas the CPU scores more than 8-9 every time.

I'd like to start a 82-game season at the veteran level, but I have a few questions :
- would TNK sliders be a good choice even at veteran pitching and hitting ?
- should I start a franchise with some files located on this website to have the right rotations and batting order, instead of a season in the game where the CPU will shuffle everything ?
- I saw there was an online roster update recently, but I was wondering whether I should use that one of the OSFM opening day version (I don't believe there's a newer version available)

Thanks for your help, I'll get started soon

Last edited by FrenchDavid; 04-25-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: New to the Show, need some pointers to get started :)

If you're new to the game, why are you using sliders?

Try a level such as Veteran or All-Star and only worry about the pitch speed slider for now.

On Veteran, you may not walk enough so you *may* need to at least drop CPU Control/Consistency/Strike Frequency eventually if you run into trouble. Default All-Star is phenomenal if you manage to be able to handle it.

Note: I realize the hypocrisy in my Veteran slider tweak stuff. Just remember that Veteran level is designed to have pitchers pound the strike zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »