Home

World Cup 2010

This is a discussion on World Cup 2010 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
World Cup 2010

Does anyone still have this game, and if you do is it worth a used purchase? I don't play online due to the knuckleheads so I'm not concerned about the servers being closed but I'm kinda feelin' a World Cup tourney for the Spring/Summer and was wondering if I should get this game or just create my on on FIFA 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: World Cup 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Does anyone still have this game, and if you do is it worth a used purchase? I don't play online due to the knuckleheads so I'm not concerned about the servers being closed but I'm kinda feelin' a World Cup tourney for the Spring/Summer and was wondering if I should get this game or just create my on on FIFA 12.

I was looking into this as well. I'm like you and don't play online that much. The only drawback I can see, is that you can't download any of the roster updates, due to the servers being taken down.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 19

I think it's worth picking up. At first I thought the gameplay was too tough. Eventually I realized it was better than FIFA 11. I liked the presentation, as well. I'm sure it's a bargain used. I do believe FIFA 12 is superior to all.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ

I think it's worth picking up. At first I thought the gameplay was too tough. Eventually I realized it was better than FIFA 11. I liked the presentation, as well. I'm sure it's a bargain used. I do believe FIFA 12 is superior to all.

Yeah it's twenty bucks at GameStop, same as the DLC but with much much more content, and real players, thats always a plus! I'm gonna give this a go tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ

Agreed. Presentation is fantastic. If it had tactical defending, easily the best game of the FIFA next-gen series, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

And it's got Be a Pro (or Captain Your Country) and you can also take a team through all the qualifying rounds.

Presentation overall was pretty great. I still have it, but haven't played it in a while. Gameplay would be the only issue, but I remember having a great time with it.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I really enjoy WC 2010. It was criticized and soon forgotten bc it was smashed between FIFA 10 and 11, it was a $60 game with national teams and it had a short life-span. Going back to it now after tactical defending is a bit difficult (lots of turnovers and pressing), but for a more casual gamer it delivered. I play offline entirely and feel that the WC games were a little more forgiving if you made mistakes, and the qualifying and details in the game were pretty fun.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
I really enjoy WC 2010. It was criticized and soon forgotten bc it was smashed between FIFA 10 and 11, it was a $60 game with national teams and it had a short life-span. Going back to it now after tactical defending is a bit difficult (lots of turnovers and pressing), but for a more casual gamer it delivered. I play offline entirely and feel that the WC games were a little more forgiving if you made mistakes, and the qualifying and details in the game were pretty fun.
I expect it to be a totally different experience gameplay wise, and actually that's what I'm looking for. Although I love FIFA 12 and plan on continuing my CM indefinitely I will use the WC game as sort of a change of pace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »