Home

Does Ball Security even matter in 2K12?

This is a discussion on Does Ball Security even matter in 2K12? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Does Ball Security even matter in 2K12?

When PG's like D-Will and Nash (97 Ball Security) are constantly getting stripped by people online or in leagues mashing the X button, something's wrong. Rondo sometimes gets ripped and more or less the person trying to steal gets rewarded for it. It frustrates me that Steve Nash or Jason Kidd can't protect the ball..

I guess my other point is that On-Ball steals rarely happen in the NBA, so why does it occur so frequently in 2K12 and rarely get called for fouls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Does Ball Security even matter in 2K12?

Canned steals need to go.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar25
When PG's like D-Will and Nash (97 Ball Security) are constantly getting stripped by people online or in leagues mashing the X button, something's wrong. Rondo sometimes gets ripped and more or less the person trying to steal gets rewarded for it. It frustrates me that Steve Nash or Jason Kidd can't protect the ball..

I guess my other point is that On-Ball steals rarely happen in the NBA, so why does it occur so frequently in 2K12 and rarely get called for fouls?
It's ridiculous on this game. I've started holding the Left Trigger at all times, and it has helped draw some fouls, especially on the guys that are the unashamed steal spammers - the ones that hack away the entire length. But there are still times where guys time it right and get the steal even when I'm holding LT. The worst ones is when they reach over your back and get the steal. That one kills me.

If NBA 2K12 just called fouls on the game, it would deter guys from doing that. Go ahead and hack me, and get Kobe 3 first-quarter fouls. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush77
If NBA 2K12 just called fouls on the game, it would deter guys from doing that. Go ahead and hack me, and get Kobe 3 first-quarter fouls. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen.
I'd agree. This is the first game in ages I've enjoyed playing online consistently but the hacking is by far the most frustrating aspect of online play. I don't think fouls need to get called at some hyper-realistic level but the way it is now there isn't enough of a deterrent to discourage people from constantly slapping at the ball. I've gotten players to foul out but more often than not there isn't much of a penalty for people hacking. Just tweaking that aspect of online play would lessen frustration immensely

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-24-2012, 03:48 AM   #5
Rookie

lockdownD's Arena

OVR: 3

Even pressing "Y" and going into the protect the ball stance people can still knock the ball loose and steal it from you. This is just one of a couple things that makes it incredibly frustating to play online this year.

Other 2k12 annoyances:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043462611
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #6
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Man, this dude last night was just picking me left and right. Nothing worked. I mean, it was like he knew what animation did what or something because it was ridiculous. I even went into the back to the basket animation and he was still on it. Mix that in with his deadly zone and its night night ninja.

Like you all, I really wish fouls were called properly. Really frustrating when I have their PG under the rim and Rudy Gay with a head of steam and he goes into some double pump/mid air collide animation instead of going strong. Its either that or he knocks the ball of my leg.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
Rookie

DoWork's Arena

OVR: 1

The online play is extremely sloppy with all the on-ball steals n loose balls from people trying to steal. Its out of control! They really need to tighten this up for next years game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »