Home

My Player teams are terrible

This is a discussion on My Player teams are terrible within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
My Player teams are terrible

its just ridiculous how bad they are, Ive been on teams like the suns (Nash is just a ball hog with no skill) and the Heat where LeBron struggles to get 20 points a night. On the flip side the CPU dances all over the place and hits shots no human could hit more than once. They don't let you adjust the sliders and HoF is actually worse than pro some how. I can go 3 games and not hit a single shot than ill play a game and get 40+ points with ease. 90 rated 3pt shot and 90 rated medium range and i cant hit a shot to save my life....nor the AI on MY team which means loss after loss.

Now if you go into Association mode and play the exact same teams on the same default sliders the same player who didn't deserve to drive the team bus now play like superstars.....Just a joke flat out.

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 02:49 AM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: My Player teams are terrible

This has always been a problem with 'My Player'.

Every single team has a ball hog and every single team has a player who has no reason taking the shots they take.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 04-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

But thats what i dont get, wide open shots are ignored and what not but in Association mode this is not an issue. Isnt this something that could be addressed??

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
But thats what i dont get, wide open shots are ignored and what not but in Association mode this is not an issue. Isnt this something that could be addressed??
Using a roster that did ratings and tendeicnes helps this.

Sent from Celtics Nation

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 04-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce
Using a roster that did ratings and tendeicnes helps this.

Sent from Celtics Nation
Not as much as you think it would. I've played a couple different My Players, some with default rosters provided by 2k, and then another one or two with rosters coming from this site. I get basically the same thing. The only difference I've noticed is the players accessories and shoes.

Players don't play to their likeness very much in My Player, for whatever reason. Chris Paul is a terrible passer and decision maker in my current my player using the 2k Community rosters. Blake Griffin plays like a little girl. I've seen him get dunked on too many times it just makes me sick.

I never really have a problem with the CPU teams playing their game, it always boils down to my own teammates playing out of character. Every time I play this mode, my player always has to end up taking at least 20 shots and hitting at least 40-50 percent of them for my team to have a shot at winning. Assists are a toss up as my teammates only hit wide open shots. Try and dish them the ball in traffic and I'm either going to turn it over or they just blow the shot.

I've played on Pro-Sim, Pro-Default and All-Star-Sim so far in my different attempts at trying to enjoy My Player. I just always end up getting frustrated because it doesn't seem fair.

I can take a wide open jumper with my guy who has a 92 in both his mid range and 3 point shots, 99 consistency, and 95 offensive clutch, and have it clank off the iron, and have a teammate in perfect position to rebound the ball, only to see him give a half-assed effort.

The other team then proceeds to give an outlet to their point guard, who then runs around in circles for a bit, then finds some room near the block and puts up an up and under and he either gets fouled, or he hits the shot, or even both. There's no way to stop it.

The computer can just dribble in circles on their possessions, and even with the D right in their face can hit the shot, no matter who it is. This becomes extremely noticeable when the shot clock is in its waning seconds. Can't tell you how many times I've had someone like Jonny Flynn pull up from the elbow or the corner with 2 seconds left in the shot clock and drain it with a hand in his face.

/end rant

Had to get that off my chest. This game has been bugging me the past few days. I'll get a few good games in, then out of nowhere a game that feels completely scripted comes along and destroys my enjoyment. I don't mind losing. I actually kinda like losing because I win so often and it gets old, but I don't like losing unfairly. I don't wanna feel I got beat because the game said my teammates had to miss all their shots and play lax defense, and had the other team get fouled on every other possession. I want to get beat fairly. I understand there are just some bad days in basketball. But with this game, it feels totally random as to what the game will produce, which to some is a good thing. But I'd like a little consistency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
Banned

BuddhaBaller's Arena

OVR: 0

I got pretty frustrated with MyPlayer in 2k11. I was stuck on the Bucks though and was too honorable to demand a trade. This year I asked out of Utah early in my rookie season. I waited long enough to be named starter and raise my value a bit. They obliged and sent me to my first choice, Portland. Every single game I have played with Portland has been maximum enjoyment.

I understand the frustration but, imo, the team you play for makes or break the experience. I also think position is crucial as well. I was a shooting guard when I played in real life, but I couldn't stand playing SG in MyPlayer in 2k11 and abandoned the file. I will probably never play MyPlayer as anything except the point guard.

Last edited by BuddhaBaller; 04-22-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

if you dont know how to play basketball in real life theres no slider/roster/developer thats gonna make a damn difference. if you think your gonna get a contact alley off the glass three pointer/ dunk everyplay your sadly mistaken. how about you move the ball around, how bout you drive make the defense commit and kick out a assist. how bout you just shoot mid range open jumpers for one whole quarter and not if it aint a three or a dunk this game sucks. i love my player in fact i dont play any other way and i have never had a problem either scoreing or getting to the rim or getting ankle brakers or assits either pre or post patch. if you know basketball this game rewards you period. my player is all about momentum learn your teams expolits and use them.

this is not directed at OP. just people in general
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwork
if you dont know how to play basketball in real life theres no slider/roster/developer thats gonna make a damn difference. if you think your gonna get a contact alley off the glass three pointer/ dunk everyplay your sadly mistaken. how about you move the ball around, how bout you drive make the defense commit and kick out a assist. how bout you just shoot mid range open jumpers for one whole quarter and not if it aint a three or a dunk this game sucks. i love my player in fact i dont play any other way and i have never had a problem either scoreing or getting to the rim or getting ankle brakers or assits either pre or post patch. if you know basketball this game rewards you period. my player is all about momentum learn your teams expolits and use them.

this is not directed at OP. just people in general

um sir it does not matter if you work the ball around or not. i've done it countless times and the cpu recovers no matter what. when you don't feel like taking 40 shots a game your teammates can't do anything unless its wide open. dirk can barley hit shots in mp when your on the mavericks and on hall of fame at that.

my player just isn't simply balanced if you want a team game then association or season might just be the way because my player is not cutting it this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »