Home

My first No-Hitter - and it's in the Postseason!

This is a discussion on My first No-Hitter - and it's in the Postseason! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Rookie

daenius's Arena

OVR: 3
My first No-Hitter - and it's in the Postseason!

Well, I finally did it.

After flirting with multiple perfect games with C.C. during the course of the season and always giving up a hit in either the 7th or 8th inning, I finally got a no-hitter with.............................................. ............................

No, not C.C. Sabathia - Hiroki Kuroda.

And he got it in Game 2 of the ALCS against the Rangers, making him only the 3rd pitcher in the history of baseball to record a no-hitter in the postseason. I still can't believe it...

Took a perfect game into the 8th and with 1 out, Beltre grounds one towards short and Jeter of all people botches the throw and Tex has to step off first to catch the ball.

Top of the 9th with 2 outs and Andrus draws a walk after Kuroda missed with 3 straight after a 1-1 count. That was the time when I started sweating a little as I had Michael Young up next with Hamilton on deck.

Thankfully, Young grounded a 2-1 fastball to Jeter and the captain made up for his botched throw by sealing the no-hitter with a routine throw to 1st.

Here's a little video I made of the final celebrations, I didn't record the last couple of outs since both times I was nearing a perfect game and started recording I immediately gave up a hit, so there was no way I was going to jinx it this time around

And here's the linescore:

Last edited by daenius; 04-23-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: My first No-Hitter - and it's in the Postseason!

Congrats man! To do it against the Rangers is really impressive! Unfortunately it was done in those ugly pinstrips.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Old 04-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
Rookie

loogs's Arena

Nice job. ive only done it once. it was so nerve wrecking and it was in the regular season. i did it in the show 08

Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

You're a real Roy Halladay!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Great game! Thanks for the video and screenshots, some posters claim they throw a nohitter or perfect game without any documentation.

I remember Russell Martin, the Yankees catcher, stating during a interview in spring training that Kuroda had the demeanor and pitch types to throw a nohitter or perfect game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've thrown a no hitter once in The Show 11 and once in 12. Both times it was with Josh Tomlin of the Cleveland Indians. I always found it interesting since he has always been a C level potential, yet whenever I would sim a season he won the Cy Young the first two years in a row in MLB 11. Almost like he has a stat glitch or something. To be fair though, in real life Tomlin had a pretty darn good 2011 season. Too bad he's terrible this year so far.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Rookie

daenius's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
I remember Russell Martin, the Yankees catcher, stating during a interview in spring training that Kuroda had the demeanor and pitch types to throw a nohitter or perfect game.
I absolutely agree. Kuroda's a pure location pitcher, obviously he's gonna have good and bad days. But on a good day, I think he definitely has the stuff to throw a no-hitter or a perfecto. His home debut against the Angels (5H, 2BB, 6K over 8 innings) only undermined that.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #8

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Well speaking of no hitters, I just threw one in my fantasy draft franchise with Matt Cain on Opening Day. He was at 80 pitches by 5 innings, but some how I managed to get him through.

First since MVP 2005!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »