Home

Rebuilding...

This is a discussion on Rebuilding... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rebuilding...

I'm thinking of starting a new franchise with a team I can rebuild. I want to sim and year without touching the team and take over in the next offseason and start from there...I'm playing my main franchise with my M's but I think this'll be fun.

So my question is...what team needs to be blown up and rebuilt the worst?

From what everyone seems to be doing here, it seems the Astros are that team but I'd like to go with someone else since they don't go into the AL West in season 2 and my OCD will allow that to bug me, lol.

Maybe I'm just drawing blanks but I'm having trouble picking. And since I don't know a lot of team's farm systems, I thought you guys could help...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Rebuilding...

I started one with the Pirates without knowing much about the team...I did what you are going to do and simmed the first season....Been a fun rebuilding project so far though.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

I've asked myself this very same question many times. It basically boils down to how you actually want to go through your rebuilding process.

If you're looking for a team that has already started the process by acquiring young talent they hope they can build around for the future, then the Astros are actually not a bad team. I'm biased there, though, because they are my favorite team. I also really like the Athletics, Pirates, and Nationals rosters.

If you're looking for an old team that needs to start making moves to begin their rebuilding process right now, I'd say the Red Sox, Twins, and maybe the Cardinals.

And if you're looking for a team that already has some good young talent, yet still has some veterans you can use to help bring in more young talent, then the Braves are the perfect choice there.

Last edited by UTAllTheWay; 04-19-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
Rookie

^^Yeah see I'm kind of looking for exactly what's happening with the Astros lol. I want a team with some young guys at the major league level, but also with some that I can debut in season 2. At the same time, I like the idea of a team that hasn't yet won a championship or at least hasn't in a long time, so the Red Sox are out.

I may have to go with the Astros and just pretend they're never moving to the AL. I'm also kind of leaning toward wanting to do an NL franchise anyway. Nationals look intriguing too, but there's really not many moves to make as they're kind of set up.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Pro

Are you using the OSFM rosters, or the default rosters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAllTheWay
Are you using the OSFM rosters, or the default rosters?
OSFM Opening Day set. Gonna give HustlinOwl's franchise template a shot...(30-team control)
Old 04-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
Pro

Just wondering. That's the only roster I use.

Anyways, like I said I'm biased, but I looked really hard for a team to rebuild with once the OSFM Opening Day roster came out, and the only team I could convince myself to start one with is the Astros. I mean, those other teams I mentioned (Athletics, Nationals, Braves, and Pirates) were interesting, but the chance to go through a rebuilding process with my favorite team was extremely hard to pass up.

They have some exciting young guys on their MLB roster like Kyle Weiland, Jason Castro, Jose Altuve, J.D. Martinez (A Pot), Jordan Schafer... and in their farm system they have guys like Jonathan Singleton, Jordan Lyles, George Springer who are all A potential.. Jimmy Paredes, Jonathan Villar, Brett Wallace, and Domingo Santana who are all B potential... and then they have the 5-headed B potential SPs in Mike Foltynewicz, Brett Oberholtzer, Paul Clemens, Adrian Houser, and of course, Jarred Cosart.

That's not to say their farm system is the best in MLB... not even close, but they do have some decent young prospects.

Last edited by UTAllTheWay; 04-19-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
Rookie

You're convincing me more and more lol. Did you sim a year or start in 2012?

Funny thing is my team, the Mariners, kind of fall in the same category but I really like using NL teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »