Home

THROW IT BACK! THROW IT BACK!

This is a discussion on THROW IT BACK! THROW IT BACK! within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
THROW IT BACK! THROW IT BACK!

This thread was inspired by Mabster and he brings up a pretty good topic.

1. If you catch a visiting team's home run ball; would you throw it back?

2. If you catch a rival team's home run ball; would you throw it back?

Personally, I would like to think that I would keep any ball that was hit my way, even if it was hit by Soriano or Brandon Phillips. It's not every lifetime that you get the opportunity to catch or keep a home run ball.

I don't like how that Wrigley Field disease seems to have spread to Busch Stadium. Some kid could catch Joey Votto's home run and the drunk bleachers fans will start yelling at him to throw it back. The kid will pass up the opportunity of a life time, and then get a talking too by the usher because you aren't supposed to throw objects onto the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: THROW IT BACK! THROW IT BACK!

I wouldn't throw it back on either accounts, and I think it's stupid that this idea of throwing back the ball is spreading. Heck, they started doing this at the Ballpark last year. Where does that ball go after it hits the field? The ball girl picks it up and throws it into the first or third base side with fans leaning in to get the ball. You might as well keep it, it's hard enough to snag a ball now-a-days.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

No doubt that I'd keep it. I am a fan of the game and its history. Throwing the ball back would just be giving in to the pressure of the people around you.

I have two currently, one from Cliff Floyd (#62 of his career) and one from Henry Rodriguez ("Oh Henry" for those who remember; #159 of his career).
Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I'd throw it back. What would I want with player's homerun ball that I'm not a fan of? Plus, I see it as a shot to the opposing team. Now if it is a historic homerun, that's a different story.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Never would I throw it back. That's freaking assinine. As many games as I have been to and never had a ball that was close enough to go after. If/when it ever happens I am keeping it. If I throw anything, it will be obscenities to the idiots telling me to throw back.

Sent from my Droid, most likely when I've been taking a dump.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
MVP

Blaze125's Arena

OVR: 11

I'd never throw it back. If I caught a home run ball I'm going to keep it, it's not an easy thing to do.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I think it's SO stupid to throw a HR ball back. The only time I would probably consider it is if it was a HR by the opposing team in the playoffs that won them the game, and that would probably be out of anger.

[rant]

What I absolutely cannot stand is the people who heckle the person who caught the ball and boo them until they throw it back..... REALLY??? How f'n serious do you take this? It's a baseball game. What does throwing a HR ball back accomplish? Absolutely nothing. They paid their admission just like you did. If they want to keep the ball, let them keep it, and shut your big, fat mouth!!

[/rant]

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 04-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'd never throw the ball back at all. I love the history and tradition of the game but that whole Wrigley Field tradition has spread across MLB and it's a horrible one IMO. It's hard enough to get a ball hit to you so why bother being a compete fool and throw it back. I personally would go to another game where that player is coming back and go to the park early and have that ball autographed.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »