Home

Ravellron's real slider- timing hitting-meter pitching ALLSTAR

This is a discussion on Ravellron's real slider- timing hitting-meter pitching ALLSTAR within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Rookie

ravellron's Arena

OVR: 3
Ravellron's real slider- timing hitting-classic pitching ALLSTAR

After using TNK slider and looking to JoeRyan33 HOF Sliders, Armor, Bob ect . i've mix them a bit to try to replicate a realism in plays and games..
However it's the first slider release by myself and i would be happy if somebody could try it to give feedbacks..

I've work a bit, watched cpu vs cpu, played human vs cpu and i can tell that i'm satisfied of results, there are variety in walks, hrs and hits..
in reality there are matches that finish with many score run and other with less but in other sliders sets out i found difficult to reproduce a variety in it, always low score that for me isn't realistic..

i'm really satisfied of result and sorry for my poor american, i'm not american..

SLIDERS ARE ON VAULT
NAME: RaVeLLRoN ReAL SLiDeRs

Settings:
Batting and Baserunning:
Hitting Difficulty: All-Star
Hitting Interface:TIMING
Hitting View: Catcher offset zoomed until you see a bit of strike plate.
Button Interface: Classic
Guess Pitch: Off
Baserunner Interface: Default
Bassrunning Decisions: Assist
Sliding Decisions: Assist
Runner Window: On

Pitching:
Pitching Difficulty: All-Star
Pitching Interface:CLASSIC
Pitching View: home team view
Pitching Ball Marker: On
Pitch Callout: Full
Pitch Confidence: On
Pitch Delay: Normal
API: Default

Fielding:
Throwing Interface: Buttons
Throwing Meter: On
Throwing Difficulty: All-Star
Throwing Decision: Off
Throw Cancelling: Off
Fielding Decision: Auto
Defensive Shift: Auto
All Indicators off
Fielding View Offense: Broadcast
Fielding View Defense: Broadcast

General
Strike Zone: Off
Hot Zones: Off
Swing/Pitch Analysis: On
Balks: On
Warm Up Pitchers: On
Umpire Balls and Strikes: Variable
Umpire Close Plays: On
Check Swing Appeals: On
Injuries: On
Ejections: On

update 26-05-2012
Slider settings

Human Contact - 6
Human Power - 5
Human Timing - 8
Stride Difficulty - 5
Human Foul Frequency - 4
Human Solid Hits - 3
Human Starter Stamina - 5
Human Reliever Stamina - 2
Human Pitch Control - 5
Human Pitcher Consistency - 5
CPU Contact - 2
CPU Power - 4
CPU Timing - 3
CPU Foul Frequency - 3
CPU Solid Hits - 2
CPU Starter Stamina - 5
CPU Reliever Stamina - 2
CPU Pitcher Control - 1
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 1 (produce a bit more wild pitches like in reality)
CPU Strike Frequency - 2 (produce BB and walks with nearly the real match avg)
CPU Manager Hook - 5
CPU Pickoffs - 6
Pitch Speed - 3
Fielding Errors - 5
Throwing Errors - 5
Fielder Run Speed; 0
Fielder Reaction - 0
Fielder Arm Strength - 2
Baserunner Speed - 6
Baserunner Steal Ability - 6
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 6
Wind - 4
Injury Frequency - 5

enjoy

however with this slider im losing still, but i avg real statistic result, like k's, bb (something impossible with cpu at default), hits and run.
human pitcher is at default cuz im using classic pitching and on All Star difficult is a bit harder and k's, bb, strikefreq are in the right rating average.
i really love them.

Last edited by ravellron; 06-02-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Ravellron's real slider- timing hitting-meter pitching ALLSTAR

Nice sliders.......I am using these in my franchise with classic pitching and they are about the best on here. I dont think they are getting enough love....Try em out guys, you can tell ravellron has put some time in them and they are good...very good
Old 04-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
Rookie

ravellron's Arena

Thx really, i found it well with timing, they help a little human player and are not so restrictive like the cpu is with us.
If you notice with power down 1 i balanced fielder speed and reaction also and after watching a real tv match you Will understand how much are close to reality in realism looking.
The funny is that there are still homers, and the power line hits that cross are not so fast and perfect like laser beam but a little chop like reality do, For this i balanced fielder at 1 and reaction one click low. Baserunning speed i feel is perfect to. However timing could seem a little high but with pitch speed at 4 sometimes is really difficult hit fb that throw at 97 mph, many of them i miss still.
Maybe there's something to change, like foul frequency For human, i'm experimenting 4 but maybe i could set it to 5.
However thanks again and i'm Happy that you re joining game.
If you re Using Classic pitching maybe you could try set hum cons at 5 if you Find it a bit difficult.

Last edited by ravellron; 04-20-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
Rookie

ravellron's Arena

However with indians i'm experimenting cpu contact at 4, with My team i found to difficult win a f***** game.

Last edited by ravellron; 04-22-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #5
Rookie

ravellron's Arena

I've Made change... Now i think is really definitive for me and My indians.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
Rookie

I've just finished a game with your slider set. I'm a classic pitching guy and yours is good feeling for me. I will try more later.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #7
Rookie

ravellron's Arena

thanks really, i dunno if in this game indians is a damned team but i found really really difficult to win a match with all the sliders out of here.
i tried all the most famous sliders set and i liked joeryan33 ones.
the difference is that im using classic and timing so i pumped a bit hum contact like control and confidence.
about solid and foul frequency i let HUM to gain +1 than cpu simple cuz cpu is an artificial intelligence and we are real persons, so there are time we play good and time bad, cpu when have to score, it will play perfect obiviusly.
strike frequency i find perfect at 2, i've found pitchers throw me 5 strike in a row also.
if during season i will find that my team can win easily (now i don't) i will decrease human contact or i wil pump cpu contact a bit, but until now i find them perfect how they are..

however im thinking to set at 10 timing for human, for me there are to many strikeout with timing..
im very disiplined, but with timing sometimes if you are in time the pci go wrong, to compensate timing at 10 could help to have it less.
cpu power i edit to 4 cuz there are many hr, nearly 2 in a game for cpu, so with timing i saw that human can't reach 400ft easily with power at 5 and made nearly impossible to homer in straigth, with 6 hum have a bit of power but it seems that i homer to much so i set it at 5 again.the perfect value would be 5.5 but there isn't however.
cpu is right so, cuz i saw many times homers in front of batters.
cpu contact is set to 1 cuz in this game discipline for cpu is a problem, cpu is to much disciplined, at 1 they finally don't but don't worry they will score still . timing at 2 is a perfect balance for strikeouts.
however this slider seems to play good in franchise. to keep realistic statistic by the player in strikeouts and base on ball, something that i'm always last in team ranking with my indians..
if people feel that with a strong team k's to much can set up timing for cpu but don't touch contact.

Last edited by ravellron; 05-17-2012 at 10:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »