Home

How to win online games ? (serious)

This is a discussion on How to win online games ? (serious) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to win online games ? (serious)

My question is pretty serious.

I try playing different teams, but I can't succeed in winning 5 games in a row (for the trophy You're Officially Hot). So i ask to you how to do to win 5 games in a row, which team is the more easy to play, at least which one has the best players at shoot rating ?

Please don't answer me "train", because i don't need training. Online gaming sucks a lot on this game. The moment to release the shot is not the same than offline one, there's some kind of lag or something like that. I only want to win 5 games in a row to get the trophy (yes i'm a trophy whore), and i'll never go to NBA 2K12 online anymore (for me NBA 2K11 is largely better that NBA 2K12, that's a reason why I won't buy NBA 2K13, but that's another story )

So i can hear any advice to win those f***king 5 games in a row.

Thanks a lot for helpers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How to win online games ? (serious)

Use the Heat or thunder trust me you'll know what to do once you use those teams

''I'm Just laughin To the Bank All you do is ''Giggle''
Old 04-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Just keep playing -- just like in real life, streaks happen. I've been in your shoes and I'm almost completely out of the funk.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

OVR: 12

This is an odd question. You win games by being better at the opponent. If you can't find someone's shot, move on, don't force it. And if you have a slow connection, the lag can be terrible. But I have a very fast connection and my releases are identical to offline (Quick game, association, etc.) Just go into practice mode with a bunch of teams and see who has the most number of easy releases on their roster for you. It's hard to say with releases because plenty of people say they can't hit the straight up jumper with Kobe, when it feels like I can't miss with it. Practice makes perfect.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

In my opinion:

Keep turnovers down by not throwing long passes, and by protecting the ball (triangle button). If you get someone cheesing for steals just hang out in that protect ball stance for a few seconds each possession and even with the five min quarters you can get dudes over the limit.

Don't cheese for steals, or try to draw charges all over the place. It may work in four games, but ultimately you leave your defense too exposed.

Use the quick defensive menu- pressure shooters is my favorite. Don't use focus on stars in man to man, in the zone it can work well against folks who are riding lebron etc... I had a guy who kept taking D rose straight to the rack- focus on paint worked like a charm and won the game for me.

Call timeouts when your opponent goes on a run.

Ride the hot hand. If a guy is not hot- doesn't matter if it's nick young or melo or ray allen- if he's bricking, only shoot really good shots with him.

The fadeaway jumper from the post with certain players like garnett, kobe, josh smith, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
So you don't need practice because the game itself blows, but you can't win online? How do you do the roll eye smiley?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:43 AM   #7
Rookie

Thanks guys for your help. In offline mode, I use the Spurs, because I really know how to make shots with them, but in online, the shot release moment is really not the same, despite I think i got a good online connection (20Mb).

I tried playing the Heat, the Celtics and the Thunder, but it didn't really worrked. Of course Lebron and D Wade are killing sometimes ....

Thanks funkworthy for your advices of play, i'll try them tonight Maybe the main problem for me is my "collective" defense.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here's some teams that are easy for me to use

Atlanta - Joe Johnson is just as good as LeBron or Durant in this game. He has good size-up moves and gets to the rim rather easily. Teague, Williams, Kirk, Smith, and Radmanovic are all deadly shooters, so they make zone users pay.

Sacramento - Put Terrence Williams in at SF. Even though he has a 3 point rating in the low 70s, he's automatic for some reason lol. Use Tyreke at PG, and leave Marcus Thornton in at SG. That's a deadly trio right there. Cousins in the low post is also a beast.

Los Angeles Clippers - Paul is UNSTOPPABLE, nuff' said.

Oklahoma City Thunder - Even though I don't like using them (always disliked them for some reason) they're an ideal team to use for beginners. Durant, Westbrook, and Harden never seem to miss and have that cheese dunk ability.

Tony Wroten/Mike Bibby
Arron Afflalo/J.J Reddick/Michael Redd
Hedo Turkoglu/Mo Harkless
Glen Davis/Andrew Nicholson/Gustavo Ayon
Greg Oden/Nikola Vucevic

Record: 1-5

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »