Home

My player Draft Pick doesn't count?

This is a discussion on My player Draft Pick doesn't count? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Rookie

Bobby Baseball's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon1 My player Draft Pick doesn't count?

In My Player mode I have found that it does not matter when you get drafted, your team will still have the draft pick that they originally drafted in that slot.

For example, I created a PF and was drafted 16th overall by the 76ers. However, the team also had Nikola Vucevic and his player card said he was also drafted first round, 16th overall pick.

Also, I created a PG who was drafted 12th overall in the first round by the Utah Jazz. However, the team still has Alec Burks, and his player card says he was also drafted with the 12th pick.

Is this a glitch or just a carelessness on the developers' part? Anyone else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My player Draft Pick doesn't count?

The entire game is carelessness on the developers' part...I'd imagine this is probably also on the bug list; if not, new addition.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
Rookie

ndlive's Arena

OVR: 3

Yea it's the same for me. Rd1 Pick8 to Detroit, but we also have Brandon Knight Rd1 Pick8 lol
Old 04-12-2012, 02:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Look this way:

If your draft pick really count, the draft order for the enitre league will be mess. Says you was drafted 1st overall to Cavs, regardless of your position. (I know it is impossible but just my example) Now Irvings will not be on Cavs. Irvings may end up at Wolves as 2nd overall and Derrick Williams may end up on Jazz as 3rd overall. The draft order for the entire rookies will have to be redone. If you was drafted 6th overall, the rookies who were drafted 6th or later in real life will not end up with their real team. Do you prefer that?

The question is do you prefer to play MP while Irvings is not with Cavs and other notable rookies are not with their teams in real life. This is the main reason why 2k simply solve it by making your draft pick doesn't really count. if you play as SG, SF, PF or C and you was drafted 1st overall by Cavs, you may need irvings as your PG. (and I think 2k assume that most people prefer it this way)

Well, 2k should make us the options to choose whether; 1. your MP draft will count and you play with the roster with reorder draft pick (gonna be diffenrent from real current NBA roster); your MP draft doesn't count and you can play with the same roster with current NBA.

However, I guess that's too much trouble for them to do.

Last edited by nbanoname; 04-12-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbanoname
Look this way:

If your draft pick really count, the draft order for the enitre league will be mess. Says you was drafted 1st overall to Cavs, regardless of your position. (I know it is impossible but just my example) Now Irvings will not be on Cavs. Irvings may end up at Wolves as 2nd overall and Derrick Williams may end up on Jazz as 3rd overall. The draft order for the entire rookies will have to be redone. If you was drafted 6th overall, the rookies who were drafted 6th or later in real life will not end up with their real team. Do you prefer that?

The question is do you prefer to play MP while Irvings is not with Cavs and other notable rookies are not with their teams in real life. This is the main reason why 2k simply solve it by making your draft pick doesn't really count. if you play as SG, SF, PF or C and you was drafted 1st overall by Cavs, you may need irvings as your PG. (and I think 2k assume that most people prefer it this way)

Well, 2k should make us the options to choose whether; 1. your MP draft will count and you play with the roster with reorder draft pick (gonna be diffenrent from real current NBA roster); your MP draft doesn't count and you can play with the same roster with current NBA.

However, I guess that's too much trouble for them to do.
Exactly bro, You pretty much sum it all up in your post.I noticed this a long time ago but I thought people would understand the reason behind 2K decision. If they mess with the actual draft positions then the game will be a mess and we would have another mega thread about people not having rookies on the right team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
Rookie

Rd1 Pick8 to Detroit, but we also have Brandon Knight Rd1 Pick8 lol
Old 04-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
Rookie

I think they had it right in 2k11, where you were sort of an under the radar dude heading into the league and you were picked in the 2nd rd most of the time. That approach let's you have the top rookies get to the right team without doing some weird work around.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldin Brown
I think they had it right in 2k11, where you were sort of an under the radar dude heading into the league and you were picked in the 2nd rd most of the time. That approach let's you have the top rookies get to the right team without doing some weird work around.
Yeah, this would be the best way to do it.

Also, we shouldn't lose sight of the main issue concerning the draft system in My Player, which is the bug that sees teams drafting in alphabetical order instead of based on their lottery position.

That's verging on being a game-breaking bug and it beggars belief that still no fix has been made.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »