Home

DM's Fictional Player Generator

This is a discussion on DM's Fictional Player Generator within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Rookie

DeathMetal's Arena

OVR: 6
DM's Fictional Player Generator

Here is another excel project I've been working on on and off for a long time now. I figured I would release it here so people could play around with it if they wanted.

Features:
-Press the 'F9' key to generate a new batch of players.
-Generates 13 position players and 12 pitchers.
-Generates everything; Ratings, basic facial appearance, hair color, eye color (based on race and hair color), facial hair, accessories, colors, batting stance, and music (also based on race, you have a higher chance to get hip hop with a black person for instance). You are encouraged to go in and tweak the facial appearance even more, this just covers basic head shape.
-Names will be generated based on Race for each player. Heights will also be slightly different based on Race.
-60% chance to generate awhite player, 29% hispanic, 8% black, 3% asian. Roughly the same as real life MLB.
-Generated Heights and weights will be within an average range, which also varies a bit for each position. There is also about a 5% chance that a player will be given an extreme height, which will be tall or short. Weight will be adjusted up or down accordingly.
-And more, but if I went into every little detail this would be much too long.

------------UPDATES-----------
-April 26th - Implemented knuckleballers, there is now a very small chance that a pitcher will be a knuckleballer. Also, age now has an effect on several ratings. No more 90+ speed 40 year olds.
-April 23rd - Added more names to the database, expanded the range of skin colors for Hispanics, and some other small tweaks.
-April 20th - Added Pitchers
-April 16th - Worked on the layout of the generator. It is more streamlined and should be easier to read.
-April 15th - Adjusted how the generator handles extreme body sizes. The generator has a fairly small chance of assigning an "extreme" body to a generated player, and will now randomly determine whether to make the height short or tall (weighted more towards tall) with appropriately scaled weight.
--------------------------------

*If you're getting a bunch of #NAME errors, make sure you have the Analysis ToolPak installed. It's in Tools--> Addins in excel. Click the check box next to it to install.

*v2.1 is for MLB 13 the show.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DM's Fictional Player Generator.zip (507.4 KB, 141 views)
File Type: zip DM's Fictional Player GeneratorV2.1.xls.zip (591.1 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by DeathMetal; 04-24-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
Rookie

dpc134's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: DM's Fictional Player Generator

This sounds pretty cool. I want to try out this spreadsheet, but I cannot get the file to open. When I save the file, it shows up as a zip file, but I cannot open it with WinZip. IT just gives me an error. Any ideas?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Rookie

sluggbugg's Arena

OVR: 5

Dude, come by the Fictional Rosters 2012 thread and join in on the discussion! YOU WILL FIND YOUR LONG LOST BROTHERS IN THAT THREAD!!!!!

Our V1 roster is finished but we are looking for new ideas, concepts and problem fixes...YOU MAY BE THE ANSWER!!

Please stop by and let the boys know what you've got here!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Rookie

DeathMetal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc134
This sounds pretty cool. I want to try out this spreadsheet, but I cannot get the file to open. When I save the file, it shows up as a zip file, but I cannot open it with WinZip. IT just gives me an error. Any ideas?
I'm at work right now so I cant really look into it, but I did use 7zip to compress the file. Maybe you could try that program to extract it.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Rookie

DeathMetal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggbugg
Dude, come by the Fictional Rosters 2012 thread and join in on the discussion! YOU WILL FIND YOUR LONG LOST BROTHERS IN THAT THREAD!!!!!

Our V1 roster is finished but we are looking for new ideas, concepts and problem fixes...YOU MAY BE THE ANSWER!!

Please stop by and let the boys know what you've got here!
Cool, ill stop by later when i have more time.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
Rookie

sluggbugg's Arena

GREAT!! The file opened fine for me by-the-way.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Rookie

DeathMetal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggbugg
GREAT!! The file opened fine for me by-the-way.
I have to warn you though that I'm not some super excel wiz. I wouldn't have been able to put this together without the help of good ol google search.... and lots of time tweaking things. Heh

Old 04-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
Rookie

sluggbugg's Arena

You'll fit right in! Trial and error and stealing ideas from smarter people is our method of approach!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »