Home

RTTS: Handling training points and training point distribution?

This is a discussion on RTTS: Handling training points and training point distribution? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

OVR: 0
RTTS: Handling training points and training point distribution?

How do you handle your training points & Training point distribution?

Do you stockpile only distributing points to upcoming goals or areas that are decreasing?

Or

Do you distribute your points as soon as you get them, reasoning that they are better used than sitting there doing nothing for you?

I myself have done it both ways at different times in my players career. When starting out I feel the need to dump all my points into areas of need as soon as possible. But now when later in my career I choose to hold up a bit and only put points into areas of need so as to keep my guy from being superman.

Currently I have 9,999 just sitting there.

What is the best way to handle training points later in your characters career? Mind you I'm not even that far yet, I haven't even hit free agency yet.

Last edited by The Commish; 04-10-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: RTTS: Handling training points and training point distribution?

For me I never let things start to decrease. I never go longer then 2 weeks without putting some points into it. I try to save them for when I get new goals then get the goals done first. If I have to use some before that to keep things from going down then I will. Like I said I never go longer then 2 weeks without putting something into them. I NEVER let them start decreasing. After my goals are done, and everything has been done within 2 weeks, then I will use the rest up on stuff, then start saving them up again.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Rookie

h4mbon3s's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
For me I never let things start to decrease. I never go longer then 2 weeks without putting some points into it. I try to save them for when I get new goals then get the goals done first. If I have to use some before that to keep things from going down then I will. Like I said I never go longer then 2 weeks without putting something into them. I NEVER let them start decreasing. After my goals are done, and everything has been done within 2 weeks, then I will use the rest up on stuff, then start saving them up again.
This, word for word. I do the exact same thing.
Mizzou
Old 04-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
Rookie

spartyon6686's Arena

OVR: 10

For batting, only maintain contact and power. Try to really build your vision first. Once I got my vision to a high level my BA soared and my slugging % went way up too.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I do it two ways:

When I first start the character, knock out the two required goals and whatever remaining points, I put it towards hitting, be it power or contact. I'll play for a week or so or to something over 500 points then allocate those points to hitting and speed. About a week or so before the end of this goal period, I'll hold off until after the period has ended before I spend anything. Once I'm on to the next goal period, I'll repeat the process.

Once I get to the major's and become an everyday player, I'll save the points until after the goal period. Just like before, I'll knock out the goal for this period then spend the points on areas of need. By this time, I should have close to 90 if not more on the main things (contact, power, speed, discipline, vision, fielding, arm accuracy, etc).

The last thing I do is slightly fill up bunting. I never actually get that anywhere close to 90 because if you do, the goals will switch to maintaining arm accuracy and strength and only fielding percentage for the last one. By doing this, you can still be able to do goals like getting a certain amount of homeruns during a few weeks or walks...etc.

That's basically how I spend mine. Seems to speed it up for me, especially if I do well in games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

OVR: 5

I am pretty much the same, I do always keep a cushion of 200pts until I am mostly 99's in my attributes. Oh yeah, I also don't ever put points into bunting unless the game forces me to, and that is the only attribute I let decline on it's own.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

Anyone who plays as a pitcher, do you have a way that you go about allocating points to hitting?

I normally just let those decline, but I have always been in the american league and today I just got traded to the giants so I think I will throw some points at hitting. Although I am a closer and I won't get the opportunity to use them to much.

I have extra so I will just pimp out my contact and basics.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

If you are a closer then I wouldn't worry about hitting, just bunting and I wouldn't put a lot of points into that. You will not hit much if at all as a closer. Maybe if you max out all of your pitching you can worry about hitting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »