Home

New to NBA 2k12 on PC...missing CF's

This is a discussion on New to NBA 2k12 on PC...missing CF's within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
New to NBA 2k12 on PC...missing CF's

Hey All,

Recently got 2K12 on my PC and certain CF's will not show up. I have gone through the forum to find a fix, but no solution. I have turned up my in game settings to high as I read that may have been the problem but without success. Only players like Iverson, Reggie Miller, Yao, ect are missing there heads, I downloaded rosters from NLSC.

Can someone please help me as to why these CF's will not work? I know there not on the disc, all CF's on the disc work fine.

I bought this to get retro rosters and use all the great mods which people have created.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: New to NBA 2k12 on PC...missing CF's

the problem would probly be that the cf dont match the roster your using, different roster sometimes change players cf according to the editor.. but thing i recommend is to download reditor, install it, open that roster file, go to players tab, and scroll down to name, then scroll horizontally and locate the cyberface id number...
after you've done that go to moddingway, and download the missing player, and see if the pngxxxx.iff number matches the cf id, if not change it to match the cf id with the roster your using.....

but if i was you, ill just down load alby's roster, it comes with a folder of the missing players to go along with it http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=84012

hope this helps
Old 04-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks heaps for the reply, Im about to give it a shot now.....fingers crossed.

I downloaded Alby's roster and the same issue occurred....I have tried multiple rosters and the same thing keep happening.

Last edited by NickTheQuick31; 04-11-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: added problem
Old 04-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Rookie

Hey,

I downloaded Reditor and found for example Ivan Johnson's CF ID for Alby's roster im using: 1785

I then went to moddingway and downloaded a Ivan Johnson CF, and now I have an Amiga Paint Image. Which folder do I place this in, the Saves folder or just my 2k12 folder?????

One more question how do I find the pngxxxx.iff number to see if it matches up with the Ivan Johnson one?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Rookie

I have downloaded several rosters and it does not matter which roster I load the CF's do not work. I have portraits for players, but any player not on the disc will not work.

I went on the 2K share player DNA downloads, all the Iverson, Marbury, Reggie Miller CF's that have been uploaded are headless also. Along with being headless they have white arms.

I have googled, looked through this forum and the NLSC without it seems anybody else having this problem??????

Can somebody tell me if the Iverson, Marbury, Miller CF's on 2K share work when they first bought and installed the game, or is there something that needs to be done in order for them to work?????

Please help, Im trying everything and spending hours searching for nothing....Im about to go back to my xbox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
Rookie

ndlive's Arena

Ivan Johnson's CF ID for Alby's roster: 1785

So you downloaded a CF file that is "png1785.iff"?

Place that file in your game folder, not the appdata saves folder.

Go here
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=84012
and download the CF files for all created players
Old 04-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
Rookie

I placed the pngxxxx.iff files in the 2k folder (not the saves folder), and checked reditor to see if the numbers match the CF ID's in the roster Im using (Alby's from NLSC). The CF Id is the same as the pngxxxx.iff number but the CF still does not appear in the game.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.....looks like Im going back to my xbox unfortunately.

I bought this game from Steam, does that have anything to do with the reason the CF's will not work?

Last edited by NickTheQuick31; 04-12-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheQuick31
I placed the pngxxxx.iff files in the 2k folder (not the saves folder), and checked reditor to see if the numbers match the CF ID's in the roster Im using (Alby's from NLSC). The CF Id is the same as the pngxxxx.iff number but the CF still does not appear in the game.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.....looks like Im going back to my xbox unfortunately.

I bought this game from Steam, does that have anything to do with the reason the CF's will not work?
i dont know if its a steam issue or not, i dont buy steam games.... but someone will probably chime in to fix the issue hopefully... i would uninstall everything , and re-download it, if u like i can send u my roster file and that cf, and you can test it to see if it works

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »