Home

Roster improvement?

This is a discussion on Roster improvement? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Banned

bear_down520's Arena

OVR: 0
Roster improvement?

Mods please move this if needed. But I thought this would get more feedback in this forum since there's more traffic here.

I'm just curious if there's going to be any improvement to the accuracy of the default rosters in '13? I'm tired of, & I'm sure everyone else is, of having rosters w/ players having incorrect numbers, years, positions, players who are already graduated or transferred, no double numbers, etc etc.

Is it really that hard to look up on team's roster on the official website & put it in to the game? Dang hire me if you need to & I'll do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Roster improvement?

I agree with but I mean people get the game early and their going 2 make these changes anyway because even if EA put out accurate rosters it wouldnt matter because anything can happen

and I know ur going 2 say well if EA put out accurate rosters the roster makers wouldnt have that much 2 do

but overall I agree with what u said

BRON IS THE GOAT!!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

As early as the game comes out I really don't blame them for having some of the roster mistakes that they do. I mean some kids aren't even school by July 10th, much less have a jersey #.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

Not even worth bringing things like this up because all anyone can say is:

"The players in NCAA Football 13 are not representations of their real life counterparts"

Honestly, I bet they intentionally get some #'s and rosters wrong just so they can legally say that they weren't depicting real players or rosters in their game.

It's all a legal issue.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Not even worth bringing things like this up because all anyone can say is:

"The players in NCAA Football 13 are not representations of their real life counterparts"

Honestly, I bet they intentionally get some #'s and rosters wrong just so they can legally say that they weren't depicting real players or rosters in their game.

It's all a legal issue.
Thats exactly what they do man. Remember "LaMichael James" last year had dreads on the initial roster? Its really not supposed to be that player but for the most part they make a lot the same. The guys 3rd and 4th string get gyped. Nobody really uses default rosters anyway.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

With all of the legal problems it opens them up to, I'm actually surprised that the rosters are as accurate as they are.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I'll have 13 rosters covered. I make them as close as they can be to real life. Fix all player equipment using google images. I use official team sites with updated info for all players. Correct HT, WT, hometown, eligibility and I fix as many jersey numbers as possible. Check out my 12 rosters for a preview. I'm pretty thorough. I watch more college ball than any normal person should.

There isn't anything I hate as much as jacked up rosters, with realistic rosters the game is so much better, esp in dynasty mode through progression. You'll have to use fairdale kings rosters until I get mine done. I wont upload them until all major conferences are done. Once the SEC, B1G, ACC, Pac-12, Big12, and big east are done, I'll upload them, then finish the rest of the smaller schools.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 04-11-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Rookie

I think that EA should jsut create a "RosterBuilder" website. Similar to the TeamBuilder website, but allows us to modify all the players, coaches, tendicies, etc. And then have it roll over year to year (even have a function to remove all seniors from previous year).

If this was active all year, we could constantly update the rosters and not have to start from scratch each year.

EA could just Butcher the default rosters however they want (even make them randomly generated), because everyone would just download the updated ones. It covers them and makes us happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »