Home

PCI - realtime or premeditaed?

This is a discussion on PCI - realtime or premeditaed? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1
PCI - realtime or premeditaed?

I'm not sure but my PCI seems not to be responsive enough or true. There seems to be a slight delay from input-to-output...Milli-seconds but directly effecting my real-time plate coverage. So I hope someone can answer this question for me.

As a batter using zone hitting is the input (PCI) suppose to be per ball in the zone or is the PCI real-time meaning as the pitch is in flight we can maneuver it to intercept the flight path of the ball?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: PCI - realtime or premeditaed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz
I'm not sure but my PCI seems not to be responsive enough or true. There seems to be a slight delay from input-to-output...Milli-seconds but directly effecting my real-time plate coverage. So I hope someone can answer this question for me.

As a batter using zone hitting is the input (PCI) suppose to be per ball in the zone or is the PCI real-time meaning as the pitch is in flight we can maneuver it to intercept the flight path of the ball?
It moves until you initiate your swing. As soon as you begin your swing, it stops dead in its tracks and locks in.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

The PCI is much more prone to locking in early on Zone, rather than on Zone Plus Analog. Obviously the reason is because of the stride in ZPA. It gives you that extra milisecond to track the ball correctly with the left analog.

I can't use Zone because the button press is always a milisecond ahead of where I move the left stick, ultimately leaving the PCI dead center. But ZPA is really uncomfortable for me and hard on the hands for some reason. I might have to hang my head in shame and use timing.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
Rookie

I use Zone+ and preplace the PCI.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

maybe some info in this thread could be of use as well: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-your-tv.html
NCAA - CLEMSON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1

Well that explains alot...why In the world would they want the PCI to lock on first input? I have tried the zone+ not sure its for me. Analog plus zone is hardcore hard. Hummm...timing leaves me thinking the AI did most of the work...

Does turning the PCI off change anything?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz
Well that explains alot...why In the world would they want the PCI to lock on first input? I have tried the zone+ not sure its for me. Analog plus zone is hardcore hard. Hummm...timing leaves me thinking the AI did most of the work...

Does turning the PCI off change anything?
No. You can't see it, but it is still necessary to have it placed properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »