Home

Quick Reminder To All: Stay Strong, Remember Last Year

This is a discussion on Quick Reminder To All: Stay Strong, Remember Last Year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

OVR: 11
Quick Reminder To All: Stay Strong, Remember Last Year

Just wanted to take a few moments to remind everyone here to stay strong and true to what 90% of you all said last year with the debacle that was NCAA Football 12, which was: "There is absolutely NO WAY I will be buying NCAA Football 13! Not after this year!"

I have noticed a lot of people coming off their threats and getting sucked in because the EA Sports Hype Train is starting up again, showing off flashy new gimmicks like "all-new trophy presentations" and "motionBlur". Also, they are promising an all new audio package in terms of crowd noise and broadcasting, but honestly how many times have we been promised something by EA and it either never comes or is broke to hell in the game?

I just wanted to make this post to caution everyone who is starting to come off their strong threats made last year and remind you to STAY STRONG and hold off on buying NCAA Football 13. Clearly, as we have seen over the last few years, the only way we are going to get a hold of EA is through their wallets. We need to make this the year where we finally go through with our threats of not buying the game on launch day. STAY STRONG FELLAS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 02:00 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Quick Reminder To All: Stay Strong, Remember Last Year

I can't help it bro, the monopoly is forcing me to purchase this game year after year after year, i love football and despite watching movies, ncaa and Madden are the only reason i own a ps3, if i had an xbox360 yes, it'd be the only reason i own it. No matter how much the game is flawed imma buy it every year because i have no other option.

Im not being sarcastic either, im dead serious my copy of ncaa 13 was paid in full upon picking up ncaa 12 which was also paid out in advance a year in advance. I wish there was a more tangible option than holding out and hoping that EA will realize that they miss my business and will swear to do their best in improving their product next year, i kno that wont happen, call me a sucker but thats just how it is bro...
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 04-06-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

I'm with you... EA's only chance is by pulling off a complete miracle on April 17th with series-changing improvements.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I'm with you... EA's only chance is by pulling off a complete miracle on April 17th with series-changing improvements.
Funny, look at the past man, think, how many "April 17th" moments we've experienced with this game? Then we play the game for a few hours and we all kno what happens next,right? No matter how impressive that write up will be, im still purchasing the game on day 1, what other choice do i have?
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 04-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Not going to happen, I'm weak and need my fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm looking into buying used this year. Or at the least renting it to see for myself what they did and didn't do.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Unlike many year, I'm objective in my approach. I look at every year, test it, taste it, and see if I like it. If I like it, I'll buy it.

And so that someone doesn't attempt to challenge my track record, the last NCAA titles I've purchased:

NCAA 2007 (PS2)
NCAA 11
NCAA 12

NCAA 12 did put me on the more cautious side of things, so I will scrutinize the demo a bit more this year.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #8
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Unlike many year, I'm objective in my approach. I look at every year, test it, taste it, and see if I like it. If I like it, I'll buy it.

And so that someone doesn't attempt to challenge my track record, the last NCAA titles I've purchased:

NCAA 2007 (PS2)
NCAA 11
NCAA 12

NCAA 12 did put me on the more cautious side of things, so I will scrutinize the demo a bit more this year.

I am not even playing the demo this year. I didn't notice any flaws with 2012's, I am waiting to rent. I will probably end up buying. 2010 I read all the hype, but didn't buy 2011 until November. After last year happened I am not doing a day 1 buy. I can wait. It was bad enough I am not dying for the last information or hype, and honestly haven't read much about it.

Best of luck!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »