Home

Making Lineups Stick...Anyone Doing a Post Spring Roster File?

This is a discussion on Making Lineups Stick...Anyone Doing a Post Spring Roster File? within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
Making Lineups Stick...Anyone Doing a Post Spring Roster File?

As we all know, when you advance past spring, the lineups won't stick. The only way to make it work is to put on 25 guys on the 40 man and advance past ST. Anyone going to post this file as in the past?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Making Lineups Stick...Anyone Doing a Post Spring Roster File?

I was planning on doing that for my own personal franchise. It will probably take me 1-2 days since the only time I have to do it is mainly after wife & kids are in bed! If one isn't posted by the time I am done I will post mine. I was going to use the Internet to look up 25-man rosters as of today. Injured players will also be on 25 man rosters but in Single-A (I always manually injure them at the end of ST and place them on DL).
Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I will also be creating a 25man file.. But a little different than toads..

Mine will have all pitch edits that I used from last season, plus stance and equipment edits from the on-going thread, as well as I will be placing the best players at the mlb level.. so you may see guys like bryce harper in MLB instead AAA, and so on so forth.. Kinda like a fantasy league sorta, but most will look pretty similar to real life..

I am expecting it to take me a few weeks (prob close to a month.. maybe longer.. no real ETA yet) to get all edits in place and 25 man lineups, rotations set..

But I can also post that file if any1 is interested..

It will be OSFM ST set with Ilstu24 pitch edits from 2011 season!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

I think HustlinOwl does this, not 100% sure though.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyB
I think HustlinOwl does this, not 100% sure though.
He did last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Rookie

MrFatMark's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad79
I was planning on doing that for my own personal franchise. It will probably take me 1-2 days since the only time I have to do it is mainly after wife & kids are in bed! If one isn't posted by the time I am done I will post mine. I was going to use the Internet to look up 25-man rosters as of today. Injured players will also be on 25 man rosters but in Single-A (I always manually injure them at the end of ST and place them on DL).
I did a 25 man roster last night, and the roster still did not stick...what did i do wrong? Before I started my franchise I took all the rosters down to 25. I simulated through spring training. looked at teams rosters with 30 team control on, and lineups were still jacked up...Just as an example, the rangers had Ian Kinsler and Josh Hamilton coming off the bench on 1 of there 4 lineups. I don't know if I did something wrong, or if the game is really that messed up when it comes to rosters on franchise?

I really love this game, and everything SCEA does with the game. I have never understood though why I have to spend anywere from 4 to 8 hours just to set up my franchise and rosters? Why can't they get this right?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #7
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

File in the valut, OSFM ST 25MAN. Was able to get lineups to stick, rotations with 4 men AI would place bullpen in #5 slot.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0lp7o3
Old 04-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #8
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

The way I am doing it is simming to next to last day of spring training......then I am just looking at each teams MLB roster (not 40 man) and assigning the proper players to the minors

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »