Home

Have you ever lost a Super Bowl?

This is a discussion on Have you ever lost a Super Bowl? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5
Have you ever lost a Super Bowl?

Have you ever lost a super bowl in franchise mode and what did it feel like?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Have you ever lost a Super Bowl?

I simulate all postseason games as I can win 80%+ of the time with my current sliders. My team got to the Super Bowl, and I decide to supersim watch it. We are at their 20 with 1:30 left, down by 4. Cam Newton, now 98 overall, throws an interception and that's game. Didn't help that we lost to the Patriots, my least favorite team. I actually pulled my hair out, and I found a coach to fire.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

in my offline franchise...nah, i havent ever lost a super bowl that i've been in.

as for online franchises, ive been to three and lost two of them.

The first super bowl I lost was in an online franchise in Madden 10 (which still runs today on Madden 12)...it was the first season of this brand new league, and i got into the playoffs as an 11-5 sixth seed wild card team. I won the three straight road games, only to get blown out in the super bowl 35-7, haha. It was pretty crushing. I was probably more embarassed than hurt though, being that I won the previous three games in convincing fashion. So getting blown out in the big game was definitely unexpected. But looking back its cool to say that i was apart of the first super bowl for such a long running league.

The second and third super bowls I were in were in my online franchise that I run amongst my friends, and friends of friends. I lost the first one to a cheeseball friend of ours. And then I got back to the Bowl in our second season and won it (this was also in madden 10). I havent been back to an online franchise super bowl since madden 10 though :-(

Last edited by lilgame06; 04-03-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfiggy
I simulate all postseason games as I can win 80%+ of the time with my current sliders. My team got to the Super Bowl, and I decide to supersim watch it. We are at their 20 with 1:30 left, down by 4. Cam Newton, now 98 overall, throws an interception and that's game. Didn't help that we lost to the Patriots, my least favorite team. I actually pulled my hair out, and I found a coach to fire.

Exactly what i do. Play all regular season games but sim playoffs and preseason.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I've got extremely tough sliders now, but I haven't lost in a superbowl. I am in season 3 currently, just started after drafting my NCAA 12 draft class, and in my first season, we beat the Jets for the Superbowl in a tough, hard fought win (Cowboys). In season 2, I had a SOLID season and then made the playoffs as the top NFC seed. I made it to the NFC Championship game against the Lions (no, that is not a typo), and Matthew Stafford got injured against the Redskins in the wild card round, so I just knew I would walk the dog on them with Mike Kafka filling in at quarterback. Wrong. In a tooth and nail hard fought game, it was tied at 27 with less than a minute left. We had the ball at midfield after picking up two big first downs, and I knew all it would take was another first down and then I would secure the win and head to the superbowl. on a routein play with a pass to the flats to my running back John Clay (D murray on IR), their CB jumped the pass and picked it off, returning it all the way down to my 32 yard line before I dragged him down from behind. The damage was done and they kicked a field goal to win as time expired and I sat there with my jaw in my lap in disbelief that I lost in the NFC Championship to a 9-7 Lions.

They eventually went on to beat the Colts in the Superbowl, so I didn't feel as bad. They were extremely scrappy team and Kafka meshed well with their receivers. Titus Young and Calvin Johnson absolutely murdered my secondary. needless to say, I made a lot of changes in the offseason. Their defensive line also murdered Romo, as they had 8 sacks on me. My o line got completely revamped as well. Williams had 4 sacks by himself accompanied with 2 by Suh, 1 by Fairley, and 1 by Vanden Bosch.

But anyways, no, I haven't lost in a superbowl, but I did lose in the NFC Championship game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh43
Exactly what i do. Play all regular season games but sim playoffs and preseason.

Well, i dont' know for sure but it seems to me the postseason games are tougher..the cpu plays better (or cheats more, depending on your opinion). I've lost many superbowls and won some as well. I can't imagine that guys win every time they play unless they are also winning all their regular season games as well.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Offline no, but online yes. I'm 3-2 in superbowls in online leagues.

I dont know but offline franchise superbowls seem easy. Things go my way big time
Old 04-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

A few years ago I did a Texans franchise. Lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl the first year. Then won the next three.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »