Home

Career statistics...can't see most stats

This is a discussion on Career statistics...can't see most stats within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Career statistics...can't see most stats

I have been playing around in franchise and have a quick question. I can find players' career batting average and home runs and such, but I cannot find such stats as career doubles, triples, on-base percentage, slugging percentage and the like. Am I not looking in the right spot (I am looking on the player card) or are career stats like these not kept in franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
This has been on the wish list for years. Currently it's NOT available on the player card. The only way to see those previous stats is to save a new franchise each season and go back and look at the stats. Hopefully next year they can implement a more thorough player card!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Career statistics...can't see most stats

It's sad that this has still not been improved on. I remember being disappointed with career stats years ago. I guess I've just been spoiled with baseball stats since I started playing OOTP seven years ago.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
It's sad that this has still not been improved on. I remember being disappointed with career stats years ago. I guess I've just been spoiled with baseball stats since I started playing OOTP seven years ago.
I've gotten spoiled by the way Madden does such a great job of keeping track of career stats.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 04-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Game has alot going but bases loaded tracked almost as many stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 02:08 AM   #6
Rookie

bdhill78's Arena

OVR: 1

Unfortunately, you can't see too many traditional statistics. I really couldn't care less about the sabrmetrics they've put in like ISO and all that. The only way to track it is to make spreadsheets and track them yourself. That's an insane amount. I do it for a CAP I put into my franchise (a good player, but not a superstar for the weakest position) and for my draft choices that made it to the Show. I HIGHLY doubt they can patch something like that, but hopefully next year they'll replace sabremetrics with doubles, triples, OBP, slugging and stolen bases. Maybe errors too.
Bundesliga: FC Schalke 04
Old 04-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #7
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
OOTP will do that to you!! But this topic has been talked to death about... The devs are listening and know the fans want this implemented. Next year is their rumored "rebuilding" year for franchise...so cross your fingers that it makes it in!!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:08 AM   #8
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhill78
Unfortunately, you can't see too many traditional statistics. I really couldn't care less about the sabrmetrics they've put in like ISO and all that. The only way to track it is to make spreadsheets and track them yourself. That's an insane amount. I do it for a CAP I put into my franchise (a good player, but not a superstar for the weakest position) and for my draft choices that made it to the Show. I HIGHLY doubt they can patch something like that, but hopefully next year they'll replace sabremetrics with doubles, triples, OBP, slugging and stolen bases. Maybe errors too.
I actually do that. Yeah it might be a bit lame but I like to play 5-10 years down the road and see how my team and certain players have developed.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »